• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Bart on an Opto River

IMG00240-20111220-1938.jpg

Here in KC when we see someone dancing around after a good shot the quote used is "What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is a-goin' on here" because it ends with "jumping around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots"

Finally got a day off and it pretty much rained all day. So I stayed in and played.

WYWHsDSC_9924.jpg

Here in KC when we see someone dancing around after a good shot the quote used is "What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is a-goin' on here" because it ends with "jumping around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots"

Finally got a day off and it pretty much rained all day. So I stayed in and played.

WYWHsDSC_9924.jpg

Outstanding. I assume you painted the 4 quadrants.

WYWHsDSC_9924.jpg

One of the best ever. Fantastic piece!

WYWHsDSC_9924.jpg

:thmbup: awesome :clap:

Nice one Maansmit finally some Packer love on here. Almost did that logo awhile back. Holy crap Dan, is that Floyd disc perfect or what. I was going to attempt to do the cover of Wish You Where Here with the burning man as soon as my new plastic comes in. Two guys beat me to dyes.

WYWHsDSC_9924.jpg

Nice painting, if you find a video camera hidden in your house it's just me, spying on your techniques.

Thanks! Maansmit that's correct, painted the quads.

One of my next dyes is going to be a topographical map of North and South America and I think I will need to paint it to get the best result. What is your paint mixture and how long does it need to sit to get that color intensity?

On an unrelated note, how many more of those blank white Ions do you have left?

8 left :thmbdown:

I add a little powder (1/4 tsp maybe) to a shot glass and add about a tsp or so of acetone. I've struggled with all thickeners and quit using 'em. Doesn't take long (seconds), the mix thickens and color darkens as the acetone evaporates off the disc. It took some practice to get used to it but not long.

I was going to attempt to do the cover of Wish You Where Here with the burning man as soon as my new plastic comes in.
I looked at that one for a while but went with the album stamp. I did come across an image with the two guys shaking hands in the famous Abbey Road crosswalk, coulda killed two birds with one disc :)

I looked at that one for a while but went with the album stamp. I did come across an image with the two guys shaking hands in the famous Abbey Road crosswalk, coulda killed two birds with one disc :)

Yea the image is really hard to work through so far, plus i got impatient and discouraged a few times. Have three dyes to do this week so we'll see if i can pull it out.

WYWHsDSC_9924.jpg

Dan, good to have you back in the game. :thmbup:

Hello, Dan Howard! Welcome to the Dye forums! Very good work for your first dye! Hope to see more from you in the future!

Lulz, look who's talking, I have been dyeing though, just haven't been able to post as a lot are for XMas gifts....totally sick Dan, as usual. This one really POPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.