• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The first disc you pwned?

juju1

Eagle Member
What is the first disc that you really got dialed in? Do you still throw that mold or have you moved on?

I really learned to throw when I started working with the Wizard. That was 5 years ago, and it's still in the bag.

168 BS Champ Leopard...no, but I attribute my playing level now to that disc..

Roc for sure. Almost right after I got one(a few weeks into playing) I could just throw it DEAD nuts straight for "decent" distance.

However, I would have to say the Star TL was the first disc I threw and was like :shock: . The only driver I had thrown up until that was a Gazelle which sort of just behaved like a longer Roc. So when I had the arm for the TL I was all the sudden throwing "bombs" by my standard.

TL;DR = Roc was first disc that "clicked", TL was first disc that I pwned for "MAD MAWFUGGIN DEE, BITCH"

That would be the 164g Pro TL in this photo right here.

oldschool.jpg

I still have 3 Star TLs in my bag.

Driver= 168g champion Valk
was first disc I learned to throw a flat laser shot, hyzer and an anny with. I retired it when I started turning it over as my techinque improved and it got beat in. Still have it but don't carry it.

Mid= 169g tye dyed Buzz.
Got my first ace with it 1month after I started playing. Still carry it in my bag, but never throw it.

Putter= None
I'm known as the worst putter on the planet. Still looking for the magic disc.

Woodpecker

E Assassin. The red ones were so tasty but since I found the Champ RR it's sidelined.

Woodpecker said:
Still looking for the magic disc.

Try the Magic?

165 DX Teebird

I learned to throw controlled forehands with it. Then I learned soft flexing forehands and finally forehand turnover shots. Now I'm learning how to stretch out some decent backhands with hyzer flip turnovers. I've used it for almost two years at this point and it has "taught" me so many different shots. I don't know where it will take me from here, but I'm looking forward to it...backhand sky rollers perhaps? It will likely always have a place in my bag as I always have extra room.

Wizard. My game didn't come together until I learned to drive my putters. a solid 3 years now and they are still nearly all I use in 250 in.

Z XL. I don't keep it in the bag anymore... but not for any good reason. I do have my 1st and 3rd aces with it.

Driver - various Star Sidewinders - require good form to get proper flights, but can give you just about any shot you want

Mid-range - various beat D Buzzzes - taught me the value of learning to control a flippy-ass disc

Putter - any wizard for driving, approaching, and putting

and last but not least: started throwing my 150g DX shark from my original set of first discs (150g avair, shark, and leopard). this is the most controllable and floaty 200' disc I have in my bag. Throwing this disc for nearly the last year, has really elevated my approach game from sub-standard to acceptable. Also aided in a rapid learning progression of my ESP Meteors.

I'd probably say Z Comet. Once I got those dialed in and could work them how I wanted, everything else started to fall into place.

edit: I could say roc, but I have better control/manipulation of my rocs since I learned to throw comets effectively.

CE TL.....was the first disc i could make it do exactly what i want. to this day....its still in the bag....and still gets pulled out a handful of times a round....the ce tl...is my longer roc :)

175 tie dye champion teebird. Early on everything I threw was 50/50 whether it would do what I wanted or not except that disc. Even if I was playing bad I'd always be money with it. If I find who took it I'm probably going to jail.

Mine has to be the XD. It was actually one of the first discs I ever bought. Used it for a putter until I realized what I could do with it off the tee. Over the years I transitioned to Classic Roc, Ontario, Rancho, MRV, Buzzz, and back to SM/Ont/Rancho Rocs. Haven't thrown an XD in over ten years probably. Do they still make them?

Cheetah (bitch)

I still have a couple laying around but the Gazelle is working on replacing that slot.

It was a FR Buzzz...I still have one of the first few I bought (ace on 6-4-2004), but that disc is not in my bag. Buzzzes still are though.