• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coldpunk said:
Good: I finally beat a z comet to perfection.

Bad: I threw it(and a second comet) into a murky, stinky pond with chunks of concrete in the bottom that love to scrape up the bottom of your foot if you aren't careful.

Ugly: After wading in and getting both those comets out of the pond on Wednesday, I threw it in again. Trying for
the exact same line I threw it in on before.

couldn't help but lol reading this....that pond is the worst! Trust that it will turn, that's the only way I consistently make the shot. If you think about it you're OB right or in the pond.

victorb said:
Coldpunk said:
Good: I finally beat a z comet to perfection.

Bad: I threw it(and a second comet) into a murky, stinky pond with chunks of concrete in the bottom that love to scrape up the bottom of your foot if you aren't careful.

Ugly: After wading in and getting both those comets out of the pond on Wednesday, I threw it in again. Trying for
the exact same line I threw it in on before.

couldn't help but lol reading this....that pond is the worst! Trust that it will turn, that's the only way I consistently make the shot. If you think about it you're OB right or in the pond.

That's almost exactly it, I didn't trust that it would do what it had done in the field. I just threw a touch too far left and a touch too high and sploosh it went. I'll get it dialed in pretty quick, that pond is an excellent motivator to work on a shot more. Hopefully we play the back course at league tonite.

Good: Played the Grange (Sunnyside and two Tiki rounds) with my bro on an absolutely gorgeous day. The Grange is a very cool place, and I had a few good forehand drives and made a long jump putt.

Bad: Left my orange P CD behind. No name and number on the disc, naturally.

Ugly: The first nine holes. I must have hit every tree on the course. It was so bad, we had to go back and play the first nine again. :D

Good - Playing in the Dogwood Classic here in Memphis in 3 weeks

Bad - Third round is at Shelby Forest East which is full of tight, wooded holes

Ugly - my 300 ft Buzz shots on tight, wooded holes.

Good- Found a 8/10 taffy 10x KC Pro Teebird with no contact # and 4 first names

Bad- Actually complicated my life by trying going back to the Striker instead of a PD mix

Ugly- Threw my original #1 Striker into a bog

all on the same round.....

Good: I'm still throwing a disc every day and continuing to work on my putting

Bad: Didn't shoot a good random doubles round. My putt was suspect too.

Ugly: Being the more skilled player, I didn't contribute much of anything until the back 9 when we got 4 of our 6 birdies.

Uglier: Took a bogey in doubles from 35' away for the 2. Bad teamwork.

The Good : Played my home course for the first time in a month. Shot +4, E, -2. Aced the 10th hole <305' straight shot through trees> during the 3rd round.

The Bad : Could have played better during all 3 rounds. Kept either giving birdies back or covering for bogeys.

The Ugly : The triple I took on 9 in the first round and the double to start off the 3rd.

Good: Hit chains off the tee on the 435' 3rd hole on my home course with a pro wraith, and then when a played again a couple hours later I threw it ten feet past the basket for the second eagle in a row in one day on that hole!

Bad: It only hit the Chains and did not stay in, I have not had an ace in a good long while.

Ugly: Bogeyed a hole that should not be bogeyed. I hate giving away shots on easy holes.

2010 Underpar-Berlin edition

Good: My second round yesterday

Bad: My first round yesterday

Ugly: The amount of plastic thrown in the river yesterday (3 by me)

glass blown open edition...

the good: a lot! came off tax season and sitting on my butt for 2 and a half months for 12+ hrs a day and went to the glass blown and got 19th place, averaged 1000 rated golf for the weekend

the bad: missed out on getting a USDGC qualfying spot! :(

the ugly: went from averaging 1020 golf for three rounds to tanking my final round with a 947. Was only 3 strokes off of third place with one round to go and I just ran out of gas. Shots were going 50 ft shorter than I expected and kept hitting the yellow band with putts. taught me a lesson on throwing all day long the friday before a tournament... dont do that!

The Good: Played 36 holes with Trey113 and RockyTigr out at burlington. Was putting pretty damn well.

The Bad: Just couldn't figure out the P PD that day. Lost to trey by a couple of strokes.

The ugly/funny: during hole 17 at Wellspring I threw close to the pond on the right. As I walked down to my disc I noticed a kid, probably 11 or 12, carrying a disc that looked a lot like mine. Well he disappears behind a tree and all of a sudden he is not holding the disc. So as I get closer I say "hey man, you seen a bright yellow disc around here? I just threw it." He gets a little bug eyed and goes "yeah, I think I saw it back here" and runs partially behind a large spruce tree. He then proceeds to very unsmoothly pull my disc out from under his shirt and throw it kinda behind the tree and says "here it is man." As he runs by me I say "it's not cool to steal discs man" and he stumbles through something like "No I didn't I don't..." and looked like he was going to cry. He then ran off and I moved my disc to where I thought it landed since he threw it into a pretty thick part of the woods.

Frank Delicious said:
The Good: Played 36 holes with Trey113 and RockyTigr out at burlington. Was putting pretty damn well.

The Bad: Just couldn't figure out the P PD that day. Lost to trey by a couple of strokes.

The ugly/funny: during hole 17 at Wellspring I threw close to the pond on the right. As I walked down to my disc I noticed a kid, probably 11 or 12, carrying a disc that looked a lot like mine. Well he disappears behind a tree and all of a sudden he is not holding the disc. So as I get closer I say "hey man, you seen a bright yellow disc around here? I just threw it." He gets a little bug eyed and goes "yeah, I think I saw it back here" and runs partially behind a large spruce tree. He then proceeds to very unsmoothly pull my disc out from under his shirt and throw it kinda behind the tree and says "here it is man." As he runs by me I say "it's not cool to steal discs man" and he stumbles through something like "No I didn't I don't..." and looked like he was going to cry. He then ran off and I moved my disc to where I thought it landed since he threw it into a pretty thick part of the woods.

The (continuing to be) good: He still netted a 3 on the hole... cause he putts like a maniac.

For Me

The Good: I got to play a round with Frank D and proceeded to laugh my ass off when he offended a lesbian

The Better: I got my 10x finally

The Bad: I didn't get the -15 that I wanted

The Ugly: Frank worked me into trading for a beat up old san marino roc claimed to be an 8x lol. :eek:

Good: Shot my best round at Sugaw in Charlotte (52)! My approach w/ the putter was awesome!

Bad: Bogie free until hole 15, dropped me to -2. Then played stupidly conservative the last 3 holes making it tough to shoot what i wanted.

Ugly: Hmm. Nothing too ugly this time around.

Good: doing field work today I was hitting 450-480' consistently (actual measured distance) :D

Bad: Inconsistent on the course today :(

Ugly: Hit a ton of trees, I have a personal thing against them :evil:

Good: It has been great disc golf weather for the past 3 weeks

Bad: My home course's grass has yet to be cut and i love to throw a roller off the tee on hole 7. Its a 650' hole with a ton of burly trees the first 250'+ and huge mature ones from there on out.

Ugly: yo motha

Good: My driving accuracy and distance is improving. The weather is also getting nicer.(Although being an Eskimo, I can't stand high temps.)
Bad: The courses are in rough shape due to the flooding. The added water on some holes makes for interesting play though.
Ugly:Hillary Clinton.

Good: I shot my best round in years! Practice is paying off! A scratch 48 and an approximate 1011 rated round!

Bad: Wasn't bogie free :( . Also, my handicap is now f'd. I'm sure I'll never get 1st again.

Ugly: I missed a FIVE footer on hole 4. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts