• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - 2011 Edition

Good: Shot 75 on the Patpasco Green Monster, my best score by far

Bad: Started fluffing some easy shots on the second round, including a sloppy 6 on #13.

Ugly: Practice drive on #15 was excellent, so I decided to play it out (along with my first drive, of course). Tried to hyzer the Ion around a tree, but it stood up and rolled 200' down the hill. Took me two shots to get back up, leaving a 25' uphill putt. Putted low, hit the front of the basket, and rolled 100' back down the hill. Approached and putted for a 7. Good thing it was only practice!

Good: Shot over 900 for the first time today with a -4 943 round

Bad: Ruined my first round by taking a six and grumbling about it for three holes

Ugly: Z Comet, where did you go? =(

Good: Me and akuf were two thirds of the hosts of a putting competition held for the students of one of universities of applied sciences here. Dozens of people got to putt and one guy that had never heard of DG won a disc from being third and the second place guy took away two discs. Second place man had played once. Good part deux stunning ladies one of whom had wanted to play after seeing DG at a local course during her jogging. She improved fast in putting and her friend threw in about 40 footer. Hope we have two new players.

Bad: If we had had more putters and we wouldn't have had more people needing to be shown what we are about, i would have given the good female putters discs. Time constraints being what they were meant that that never happened. Doh! There are never too many female players. Especially ones that showed talent from the get go.

Ugly: My back after throwing drives without proper warming up after 5 hours of telling people about DG, the putting competition and giving tips on putting and hauling a lot of gear. Ugly 2: Mondo when wet is slippery. The remnants of hurricane Katia meant lots of wind. I had to help the event organizers, when their plans went awry with most sport demos needing to be moved indoors. With too little pre planning.

Good: Tourney, course, and playing partners

Bad: Throwing, decision-making, consistency, you name it. I was trying too hard on a long course, and it threw off my whole game

Ugly: My hand after following through into a tree trunk. Thwack!

Good: Aced. Cashed in the tourney

Bad: didn't play very well, think I might be running myself tired.

ugly: hurt my shoulder and probably not gonna throw until next weekend at am dubs.

good: Played my 2nd tourney in Open. shot 980 and 965 rounds on the first day of the tourney. Put me in a position to cash. Got to play a final round with Yeti

bad: Forgot a disc after it went OB. no one turned it in(nice CE EXP1, go figure). That 965 round included a three hole stretch(9-11) that was 5 strokes worse than my other two rounds. All three holes suit my "big arm" style.

ugly: fell apart today. found every OB. shot a 912 rated round(I think). Finished 10 strokes out of the cash Took an 8 on hole 12(par 3) after throwing OB off the box 2 ties in a row(the throw is directly OB off the box if you don't make it back in). Worst round ever on a course I play about 2 times a week(7 strokes worse than my previous worst).

can't be too upset for only like my 8th PDGA event and 2nd in Open. But that 3rd round was just disgusting. If I had just shot what I did in my 965 rated round, I would have cashed.

The Ugly - Lost my go to SL at field practice. Threw a roller that vanished into a hedge.

More Ugly - Scratches and a cut looking for the damn thing.

Good: My upshots and putting came back today! +par score halved

Bad: Haven't gotten my timing back on my drives yet

Ugly: Lost my first disc ever... and it has my face dyed on it so whoever finds it will never want to throw it.

RIP SWEET PRINCE
5537888661_be8bd3b2c5_z.jpg

Good: Finally starting to push my driving distance over 300'. Played a casual 36 at Seneca Creek, birdied a few holes I normally don't reach, and even over-threw 10B, a 350' slightly downhill right-turning hole.

More good: FH approaches are returning

Bad: FH driving still sux.

Ugly: Lost two discs on the first five holes, including my go-to Star Valk. Looks like it's autumn disc-losing season again. :x

The good: shot above my rating all 4 rounds for an avg of 986 for the weekend. This is awesome because I don't get to play much anymore.

The bad: my putting is absolutely atrocious. Like complete lack of confidence in even 15ft. Putts. No putt seems to go in the same way.

The ugly: lost my wallet at the tournament providing for some very anxiety ridden 45 minutes of my life.

But the best part was beating Frank d overall! And meeting his wife who was sweet enough to help look for it :)

The good: Got my 5th 1000+ rated round of the year and got a sweet Glow Z comet from Trey113 for a great price.

the bad: Ran out of gas like 6 holes into the last round of the tourney and played some bad golf until I managed to unfuck myself for the last like 4 holes.

the ugly: losing to trey overall and him finding his wallet after I hid it under his car.

Windy tournament but...

Bad - starting out double bogey, double bogey, bogey, double bogey...this after being only +4 after 16/20 in practice
Ugly - second round shattering my previous record worst hole ever carding a natural 10, no penalties, on a par 5
Uglier - being the only schmuck out there to actually admit to misplaying a hole eating two more strokes in the process.
Ugliest - took third in division

Star Shark said:
The Ugly - Lost my go to SL at field practice. Threw a roller that vanished into a hedge.

More Ugly - Scratches and a cut looking for the damn thing.

Found the SOB. It was only 200' away and on the opposite side of the field.

The good: A local Municipal golf course operated by the city recently starting hosting "disc golf nights" twice a month using 9 baskets and approached me about running a tournament a few months ago.

The better: Said tournament happened yesterday, and was a success, I believe, by all measures. I was hoping for 30ish players and we had 63. Weather was perfect, we got some local media exposure, everyone seemed to enjoy the course and have a good time.

The best: My first Open win! Played above my rating, made very few mental mistakes, putting was on and I stuck to my game plan even as I battled down the final nine against some quality competition.

Awesome Win!

The Good - Love the Sport, played in my very first tourney last Saturday, came in 24th out of 60, which was above my expectations. :)

The Bad - Elbow hurts. Have Tennis Elbow.

The Ugly - I do not know when I will be 100% again. :(