• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

My S-PD has seasoned a bit, but it is still reliable into the wind and much more versatile than it started out. I'm actually getting some really good D with it in the open because I can force it over and get a full S flight out of it. One surprise throw with it in the field today probably went 440' or so besting all my other drivers. Unlike the P-PD, which loses LSS with wear, the S-PD seems to lose more stability out of the hand with wear, still finishing pretty hard. This is actually a nice thing because I'm getting the same flights out of it as when it was new, I just have to throw it with less speed or a little more hyzer. Its breaking in a lot like my Z Predators did.

My P PDs finally arrived yesterday. Other than maybe going a tad farther due to a combination of plastic and the lighter weight they were basically identical to my still very fresh S PD, looking at them next to each other they're identical, same dome and PLH. I've given one of the Ps some forced seasoning yesterday and this morning and started to see the results in my afternoon round, it's willing to deviate a bit from the angle I put it on unlike the S (or fresh P) which locks onto any hyzer or flat angle for the entire high speed portion of the flight. I'm playing a fairly open course tomorrow (Floral Park) which should give a chance to unleash it a fair amount and see how it's flying.

Frank Delicious said:
I think I'm the only guy to give the PD a real chance and take it out.

I tried it, and though it was a very nice disc, but it wasnt any better than my OLF's. I think the P-PD is more stable than the MOLF, but it isnt any more stable than 1.2 SOLF, and then you always have the 1.2 QOLF when you need something even more stable.

So like the Striker I think its a nice disc, but it doesnt outperform the OLF

I tried it, and though it was a very nice disc, but it wasnt any better than my OLF's. I think the P-PD is more stable than the MOLF, but it isnt any more stable than 1.2 SOLF, and then you always have the 1.2 QOLF when you need something even more stable.

So like the Striker I think its a nice disc, but it doesnt outperform the OLF

ditto

Well, I caved to peer pressure and got one. Can't wait to see what it does. Hopefully it's a better headwind driver than the beat to hell TeeRex I had to retire.

It's not as fast, but it's still got plenty of distance potential. It's more like a hybrid club or 3/5-wood than a Driver.

I'm giving in pretty soon and getting some/a PD. I'm still not sure what it will fill in my bag. I've checked a few pages back but can't get a solid answer. Are S's more stable?

I'm looking for something that's a longer teebird/ more stable wraith. I believe the PD will some what fill this?

People throw the "longer Teebird" monicker around a lot, but I think the PD fits into that category. The S is more stable, and stay that way for longer. The P tends to lose some of it's LSS, and "locks in" to a straight line like a longer dx Teebird. The S is like a longer Champion.

The Wraith has less LSS than either of the PDs in their respective plastic. If the OLF is a longer Eagle, then the PD is a longer Teebird.

Timko said:
People throw the "longer Teebird" monicker around a lot, but I think the PD fits into that category. The S is more stable, and stay that way for longer. The P tends to lose some of it's LSS, and "locks in" to a straight line like a longer dx Teebird. The S is like a longer Champion.

The Wraith has less LSS than either of the PDs in their respective plastic. If the OLF is a longer Eagle, then the PD is a longer Teebird.

Thanks! Is P plastic their baseline stuff comparable to DX? Or is it like a pro?

So far the P-PDs I've bought have been REALLY NICE pro-type plastic. It feels like there is a little more star in the mix than the Innova pro discs I've thrown in the past couple of years (Wraiths, Destroyers, Bosses). It is pretty durable in the PD mold. I was scared when I got my P-PD and it lost a lot of LSS after a few hits, but it hasn't changed much since with a lot more hard hits. It does still come back as well. Yesterday I used it for a 380ish shot (sign says 390', but suspect) into a 15 mph headwind...I almost threw the S instead, but I had a feeling my P could handle it. I threw it with some hyzer and it flipped up and over, but there was not a lot of lateral movement and it came back at the end right before it got into trouble. I nailed the birdie.

The P-PD exemplifies the term "frozen rope". I birdied another hole today that requires a very straight flight with little to no fade. The hole was in the 350-360 range and my disc didn't move more than 10' side to side from start to finish.

My S-PD, perhaps because it's real domey, flies more on an Eagle type flight, which compliments the P perfectly. If I throw it hard with a touch of hyzer it will flip to flat, ride, and fade pretty good. If I throw it flat and hard it will bend out to the right ever so slightly and still fade decisively. If I rip it with a touch of anny it will turn and then come back in a big helix. I've gotten some really good D with it on these type of shots, within 90% of my max distance shots with my faster discs.

I can compare these to the OLF's I threw when they came out...The early SOLFs were not as stable as my S-PD or as straight and glidey as my P-PD. The early Qolfs did not glide as well as either (too flat). I cannot compare to MOLFs or later versions of the OLF.

Had several sales of discs from my trade list so I just placed an order with DGV (even with the shipping cost it was just $.60 more than the same order from DGC and I'm unhappy with the week and a half it took my previous PD order from DGC to arrive from just down I-4). 2 P PDs at 170-172, one S PD at 173-175. That'll give me a backup to my heavy S PD to rotate for slower wear and enough P PDs to put one in an express seasoning course to become understable.

played 4 1/2 rounds today at 3 different courses with disc junkie and another buddy,with the occasional extra tosses off the tee here and there. i threw the p pd and s pd ALOT today and loved the predictability of them both. i threw the p pd in a heavily wooded course to get some seasoning in.towards the last course we were getting 15 mph gusts here and there and the pd's performed flawlessly in the wind. probably the 2nd best disc purchase ive been this happy with in a while aside from my stalkers and pures. i need more p pds and s pds to keep in rotation since i believe these will be in the bag for a long time. :mrgreen:

booter said:
i need more p pds and s pds to keep in rotation since i believe these will be in the bag for a long time. :mrgreen:

Amen brother!

I just put a P PD in the bag. Didn't like the S too much. Anyways. Tied in leagues for first today. After 3 short holes still tied, I unleashed the P PD to leave a 10ft putt on a 409ft hole slightly uphill. I was a big drive for me. I couldn't believe how much it flew like a teebird. But it faded pretty late. Will have to keep this in for a while over the strikers.

The DGR train sure is doing a good job at selling the PD to me. I can't wait until I throw them and someone asks me something like 'so why did you decide to throw them? My reply will be, "DGR said so".