• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Great Discraft Magnet

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I love the Discraft Magnet putter. The Soft 173-174 works the best for me. Who else loves the Magnet? Lets encourage these newcomers to try one, and convince old schools players to switch to one.
rock2.gif

I used Magnets for years, and although they are a fine disc, I switched to Challengers and to be honest, I like everthing about them better. Have you tried a Challenger yet?

Super Soft magnet was one of the first disc's I bought (from a buddy already beat to hell) and I love it. If I ever get my practice basket I plan on keeping 10 of those with the basket at all times.

image.php

I have a soft, beat to crap. The grip on this thing is awesome but it's out of the bag right now. Was using it for approaches & after 3 or 4 (hundred) tree hits, its starting to turn over & I can use my magic for that. Been using an ion for driving & approaches that need straight or a little fade. I did put the magnet back in a few rounds ago to putt with but it just can't edge out the magic for that. But it is a great disc especially for approaches

All magnets are useless and should be donated to me.

They are good gliders.requires less power. Have more chances for blow bys when not properly utilized. Easier to flip when overpowered when compared to a challenger. Has a lip for some who like to put their index finger on the outside.

Love the magnet. Used to be my go-to putter. I have since been using an E Wizard. It felt sacrilegious to take the magnet out of the putter pocket though, I will admit. A lot of practice logged in with that thing. It still have a place in my bag though. I use it mainly for anhyzer putting when I need to go around an obstacle and I can't use my normal putting stance. Good disc. I keep a Hard Magnet too for the summer when the soft magnet gets a little too gummy.

I had a magnet for a while, it was fine for putting but it wasn't a great approach and driving putter for me. It tended to get squirrelly with more than about 250' worth of power, and didn't handle wind all that well. I'm on wizards now personally.

even though i have switched to the KC Pro Aviar, i still have about 5 Magnets at my house. I think it's so funny when people make fun of your putter. I always want to challenge them to stand at 30 foot and let's throw 10 and see who's laughing. it's a great putter.

Just switched to a soft magnet, and ordered a hard one yesterday. Can't wait for the hard one to get here. One of my first rounds with the soft magnet i shot my best score at my local course (2 over on all par 3's, add one to that if you count that i used a mulligan) and it was because my putting and approaching was top-notch. :thmbup:

I love the magnet. I carry a soft 172-173 for my go to putter and a hard 173-174 for my approches and have another 10 in my practice DB5 in my yard. LOVE THE MAGNET!!

I tried a hard Magnet ten years ago or so. Seemed to fade more than my Aviars of short shots so I garaged it. I probably should try it for approaches, might be useful.

I had started using them for main putting duties about two months ago, but once winter and the wind came I had to semi-shelve them. Back on the Wizard train at the moment. I have an old 4 chain magnet that I use for looooong putts and straightish/turnover approaches and tee shots. The glide is amazing and they are easy to throw. I just don't feel comfortable with them in the wind. They will be seeing more action in a few months.

Super Soft magnet was one of the first disc's I bought (from a buddy already beat to hell) and I love it. If I ever get my practice basket I plan on keeping 10 of those with the basket at all times.

image.php

sucks that putt doesn't count any more.

A good buddy of mine putts with Soft Magnets. He bounces of the chains and spits out more than anyone I know. Must be the user and not the disc.

sucks that putt doesn't count any more.

still have three days left ... go get some wedgies while you can!!

I told a few friends about this and they got pissed off. But really, that crap never should have counted. I mean, I miss low and hit the front of the basket all the time :thmbup: no one ever thinks about counting my crappy shot.

Magnet is just another putter. Nothing special. Not the greatest for driving with, but not the worst. It also has a crappy drop rate on putts (it doesn't) so if you miss you can create yourself a long second putt situation. Just because you can do stuff with it, doesn't mean you should.