• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Hyzer Flip!

A disc, if it flattens and holds, means its slowing down and going into its cruising speed, which may or may not be very long depending on the disc before it then fades out. A stable disc that is true stable can stay straight while at high speed along with some of them maintaining straight as it gets to that brief time of cruising speed (See DX Teebird).

It all comes down to different lines as matt says and a lot depends on discs as there are a ton out there that do slightly different things. The hyzer flip to me is more of another way to manipulate flight path rather than just acheiving better distance.

I am uploading a video now to show this. I am the second drive and I let this disc go at about 2 O'Clock so that it will hyzer flip up and turn over more consistently then fade at the end.

That hole is pretty tough and that went about 380' of the 415', only issue was it left me a nice in the bushes putt. So I got a 3 on it.