• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Good for him. Seems like a really nice guy and obviously has some serious talent.

With all of that behind him fully, he can now prepare for the season throwing all of his new Discraft plastic and perfecting his bag.

So who are the significant free agents still out there? Is Conrad the only one really left?

It's like Discraft had a long term master plan. Save up a crap load of money until the time...is....right. dayamm....

It's like Discraft had a long term master plan. Save up a crap load of money until the time...is....right. dayamm....

I haven't followed the pros for long. Do I understand correctly that they weren't taken very seriously before the McBeth signing?

Nate Heinold had them as his tour series disc last year.

That was kind of a one off. Like the "Tour Series" Rattlers (neither of those guys tour but they get tour series?). I'm just excited to get some Nuke variants between Tour, Signature, and stock. Only had 3 Heinolds, and they were all domey and too stable for my hyzerflip.

Also they've been running ESP swirl for the last 3 years. I'm hoping for a re-run of 2017 Z Tour Series.

I haven't followed the pros for long. Do I understand correctly that they weren't taken very seriously before the McBeth signing?

No, but they weren't snatching up the names in the spotlight or on podiums like they are now. Mostly sticking with building up Ams and their local Michaganders.

They were taken seriously but were definitely overshadowed by Innova as far as champion players and iconic molds, obviously with a few exceptions. I'm not a social media guy but they lagged far behind in that aspect. They made up for it with a vengeance in the last few years, a bit too much for my preference.

Tour Series Nuke for Ezra who is now on the 2021 Discraft Elite Team.

And the first major Pro player originally from South Dakota (Aberdeen) to get a contract. There have been others Kyle Pinkman originally from Aberdeen on Dymic Disc for a few years in mid 2010 but only after moving to Minnesota or Justin from Rapid City Still living there who is still on Team Latitude 64 but they were both only given smaller contracts not as big as Ezra where he gets a disc mold to pick for his tour series disc.

Ezra does seem to use the Nuke very well, so well in fact I think that Ezra has seen the old YouTube videos of Discraft and Nate Doss throwing the Nuke and Crank as his Max D discs and replicated the exact style of throw that Nate does using the Nuke.

When the video first showed him in the warehouse it really looked like you could see the smile in his eyes and excitement for what was actually happening.

Yes, I understand it's a marketing video. I really just like to think that it was genuine joy he was experiencing.

I'm generally not a fan of "reveal" videos, but this one was kind of cool.

They have always been a top disc Selling company but with the advent of Prodigy, DD etc putting big for DG marketing behind their players they definitely had fewer big names. Nate Doss was their big name for a long time and rightfully so, and Jerm, Paige P, Eric McCabe, Cam Todd and many others got big wins for their team in the past. Pre-Paul was definitely one of their less high profile times as far as the pro team goes though.

Latest posts