• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Jeeeeeebus H. CHRIST! Gunna need a hefty bag of popcorn to peruse this thread and other groups later when I have the time.

Did not believe it for a second. But hey here we are

Related to Simon's departure, does that leave Eagle as the only crush boy or will we see AB as part of the sky team? Or is Brodie going to fill Simon's shoes at Discmania as the guy who makes a bunch of videos and moves plastic?

From what I've heard, Gannon Buhr might be the one to fill the sky team spot.

From what I've heard, Gannon Buhr might be the one to fill the sky team spot.

It makes a ton of sense if they can pull that off…Simon's farewell video was well done. As someone who throws a lot of MVP (and would love to see him join) it's still hard to put into words watching those final clips…this is an incredibly shocking move

It makes a ton of sense if they can pull that off…Simon's farewell video was well done. As someone who throws a lot of MVP (and would love to see him join) it's still hard to put into words watching those final clips…this is an incredibly shocking move

Agreed, very well done, very emotional and real. Shows who he really is. Wasnt just about money/compensation since he said DM would match them. Just time for something new/exciting

Will be fun to see how fast he can learn new discs...Simon has thrown the same discs for 10y and not thrown much else. .

It worked out pretty well for James Conrad...

Yes, and if it is MVP JC will be the HUGE winner. . .Say what you like about JC, but he is NOT big on social media so if Simon can let JC be his "partner" in all his videos JC will win big here

Wonder if Simons contract may be bigger than Paul and Ricky? . . There is a point to have the biggest contract out there for someone like MVP or Lat64

If youre JC, who is a World Champion...would you be irked if Simon comes on and is making more?

Simon definitely has the upper hand when it comes to marketing, but doesnt have that World Championship under his belt

Didnt take Paul long at all. Guys at that level can learn to throw anything. I think the hard thing would be just trusting a disc when you need it most

That and also getting a lineup together. Not sure if he's already done work with whoever he is signing with. But presumably a big brand is going to have a ton of molds and plastics to work through and February is right around the corner

If youre JC, who is a World Champion...would you be irked if Simon comes on and is making more?

Simon definitely has the upper hand when it comes to marketing, but doesn't have that World Championship under his belt

It's all about who will move more discs. They got all out of JC they could. Barsby is WC too, and recently. Just doesn't have that disc moving presence.

So, with Drew leaking the announcement, is Simon heading to Infinite?

Would likely mean he could continue to make aces with them P1-Aces!