• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The NutSac

Expired

Bogey Member
http://nutsacbags.com/shop.html

Does anybody own one? What can the pocket in the front hold? Does it do well in rain?
I'm thinking about getting a black one of these.
What are your opinions on this bag?

I keep wanting to get this for a quick or light practice round, when I am goofing off with friends and not taking the round or course seriously. I went in and held it. I felt great; it sat perfectly on my back, it looked incredibly durable. However, I passed on it at the time because it would not hold more than 5 discs. A mid and putter basically chewed up all the available space.

At the time I needed to carry six discs to basically cover all of my shots. I bet I can now squeeze that down to five or four, so in the future I would consider the Nutsac (the double seemed not to be worth the money at that point). I got too many bags, however, so I have to wait until my small one gets trashed and I have a legitimate excuse to by yet another bag.

He said something about making custom colored bags for people in that thread.
But, both of these sites list black or brown for sale.
http://www.discgolfstation.com/NutSac-Disc-Golf-Bag--Original_p_210.html
http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/nutsac-disc-golf-p-1882.html

Hi Guys,

If you can find a black NutSac, you should grab it; I don't have any black ones remaining. I only made NutSacs in Carhartt Brown this year. American made black canvas is expensive and hard to find. Black is a difficult dye for the mills to work with (prone to bad dye jobs), so they don't produce much black canvas, and finding a few hundred yards or less was not easy. Also we don't make custom colors anymore. We experimented with that when we were just starting out.

I carry 3 drivers, 2 mid, and one putter in my Original NutSac. The bag is canvas and will give a bit with use to accommodate up to 7 discs. The Double holds twice as much and has a beer holster. The pocket in the front can hold a cell phone, keys, cigs, mini, etc.

As for the rain, I live in Oregon and haven't had a problem. But then I'm a wimp and don't play when it's pouring.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and answer any questions you may have.

Cheers,
~greg

Wingnut said:
I'll keep an eye on this thread and answer any questions you may have.

Cheers,
~greg

I have a question.

Do you know my cousin, Paul? He lives in Corvallis, too! :lol:

If so, say hey for me.

Is the entire bag black, including the strap? How well do iron on patches stick?
About how many cigarette packs will fit in the pocket? I'm trying to get an idea of how big it is.

Heya,

Cousin Paul?! I love that guy ;-).

Expired--The black bag is entirely black, including the straps. I expect iron-on patches would stick as well as on any cotton, but personally I'd probably sew them on for additional strength (just whip stitch them by hand). One pack of cigs; it's a small pocket which lays flat and is not gusseted. The pocket opening is 6 1/4" across and 5" deep; take a standard sized disc and and come in a little less than an inch across the diameter to estimate the size. The diameter of the bag itself is not much bigger than a standard disc. I use the pocket for my keys, lighter, whatever ;-).

Cheers!
~g

A friend has one of these and they are SUPER well made and durable. If you are in the market for this kind of a bag, go for a Nutsac for sure.

Just ordered a black NutSac last night. Hopefully it wont be too hard to sew a patch onto that front pocket.

Anybody know where I can get a water bottle holder that I would be able to sew on?

There is another thread about the nutsac. No drink holder is a fail here in FL. Its a nice bag for carrying my dig cam.

Aaron_D said:
There is another thread about the nutsac. No drink holder is a fail here in FL. Its a nice bag for carrying my dig cam.
see this thread
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6012&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

If you don't have a nutsac, or have one in brown.. You need to get one in black!! This thing looks sweeeeet and is exactly my style. Once my brother comes in town this weekend I'll post pics.

I need to make a few mods and it will be perfect. The strap is a little long so I had to cinch it up a lot, which prevented the shoulder pad from resting evenly. I'll have to cut it and re-sew it.

I'm also thinking about taking off the NutSac logo on the front, since I want to put a patch there. Sorry Greg.

I've had one (original brown) for about 5 months now. I have at least 7 rounds in the rain. Water does nothing to it. I play between 4 and 7 rounds a week.

It has held up great. I carry 6 discs, and though it's kinda tight, they all fit pretty easily. Those stupid little burrs that stick to my shoelaces and everything else DO NOT stick to the bag.
The little pocket on the front holds a small wallet and my car keys.

I would feel comfortable recommending this bag to anyone. Well made, very durable.

If they had some sort of attachment, that could be removed if necessary, that would hold a water bottle it might be perfect.

I'm loving my nutsac right now, but I've only had it for a month so far. I would love to be able to throw a strap for a water bottle on there. If anyones done this and has suggestions I'd love to hear them.

In the summer here it's averaging well over 100, and up to 120. I like to carry a smaller more minimal bag in those questions. At those temps though water isn't optional, but neceSsary.