• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what motion or act would you liken your putting stroke to?

examples: tossing your keys on the counter, shooting a jump shot, throwing a card, etc.

What's your average on bowling?

Also what do you throw for sidearm rollers

when i was like 16 it was low 170s but i went and bowled last wednesday for the first time in years I bowled a 178 and 203

i don't often throw that shot as a first option so depending on the shot it can be a firebird,destroyer,teebrid,roadrunner,roc or aviar.

How to you handle the mental side when your on the tee, in a big pressure spot with a huge gallery? Do you tune everything out and focus hard? Go to your happy place?

Thank Paul!

The ground cutting your disc and the cactus is just in the Austin area. I haven't seen any of that up in DFW.

Veteran's park in the summer has cactus and you're basically throwing in a desert on the front holes with rock for ground to land on. Other than that, Z-Boaz has a hole or 2 like that... that's all i can think of. But for boringness, yeah he's totally dead on :p

Hey Paul! On behalf of DGers from Oklahoma I must say we are very excited to have you at Little River this weekend! Your presence has increased attendance for this event greatly! Thanks for your support!

How to you handle the mental side when your on the tee, in a big pressure spot with a huge gallery? Do you tune everything out and focus hard? Go to your happy place?

Thank Paul!

I can tune everything out. I learned that at a young age playing baseball, my family would always ask after the games if i could hear them yelling and my answer was always "didn't even know you guys came to watch" haha

Hey Paul! On behalf of DGers from Oklahoma I must say we are very excited to have you at Little River this weekend! Your presence has increased attendance for this event greatly! Thanks for your support!

Thats awesome i hope more pros and female pros show up wouldn't mind seeing a big field!:clap:

Have you ever seen/heard of someone roll with a Stingray? Played with a random guy yesterday and he pulled a DX one out and threw down a roller. Was kinda weird to see Haha

mental game

After re-watching the Memorial final round, I just noticed the elderly couple that walked into your putt on hole 14. How do you refocus when something like that happens? Do you have something like Dave's thrice-tap shoulder setup or just pick a spot and go?

At the 1:14:45 mark in MurderMike's Memorial footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CYI-Eo5fOs

Thats awesome i hope more pros and female pros show up wouldn't mind seeing a big field!:clap:

I think he was just scared to come on over to Branson, MO for the $1000 cash added B-Tier... I'm totally 100% kidding. It's actually cool you guys can split up from time to time and draw more folks out to more stops. Can't wait to play Missouri's #1 rated course this weekend. It's a defunct ball golf course turned into a disc golf destination. Think about coming out later this year for the pro only Treehouz Open.

Have you ever seen/heard of someone roll with a Stingray? Played with a random guy yesterday and he pulled a DX one out and threw down a roller. Was kinda weird to see Haha

One of the best roller discs ever made! Thats all we threw for rollers back in the day. I still have my favorite one from around 1994. Sorry, didn't mean to answer for you Paul.

I moved up to Pro just to beat ya, Paul:D. Thanks so much for coming to central Ok and getting the tourney filled up to the cap.

Nice, that reminds me of a movie called "The Greatest Game Every Played" (about Francis Quimet) where background, gallery etc are blurred out and only focus on the target. I remind of that part when I need to tune everything out.

I can tune everything out. I learned that at a young age playing baseball, my family would always ask after the games if i could hear them yelling and my answer was always "didn't even know you guys came to watch" haha

Mini

Hey Paul! When I watch your youtube vids from the Memorial it appears that you don't use a mini very often. I was wondering if this is typical for you? Or if you could just comment on that? I've played a couple tourneys with guys who were very anal about mini usage, and I've definitely heard the "Practice with your mini because that's what you're gonna do it the tournament" line a lot, but I kinda find the mini to be distracting from my focus. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.