• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here goes;

Paul
Is there any way you can use your influence, input, and or "pull" at Innova to get flat top KC Pro/11x style teebirds made again?

Those birds are far and away the best throwing drivers on earth.

A) if they get these right, they will sell a Sheet-Ton of them

B) they could issue a test run to help fund your tour

C) it would make finding throwers a lot less trouble for the believers.

Is this even in the realm of possibility? Because it has WIN $$ written all over it.

i'm sure with this new plastic it won't be to far away... actually the best 11x times i've thrown are CA mold I have a couple in my bag right now.

Paul, what shots are seriously using a roc3 for and what did it replace in your bag.

pretty much all mid range shots i have a KC and DX roc but they are really beat and i don't have a roc3 to compare to those yet.

i also have a shark and gator for really over stable shots just different disctances.

I carry 3 Roc3 differnet phases

How beat in will an S-line P2 get? I love mine, but I'd like to know if they beat into straight, or even flippy.

Just wanted to add my congrats on your great win this past weekend.:clap::clap::thmbup:

In case DGCRs are unaware, Paul threw a final round, course record 48 (-13) to blow by Cale and leave Nikko :sick:in the dust. It was a real pleasure to see it.

P, ?? red disc you were heaving +500ft (upwind) to give those long turning drives? [my guess: sub170 Destroyer]. Where, if anywhere did you throw the KRAIT?

yes that was a 170 destroyer.

the Krait was the pink chapion one. i threw it one 6 for the up shot and 18 tee shots

How beat in will an S-line P2 get? I love mine, but I'd like to know if they beat into straight, or even flippy.

i beat one into straight but I dont throw it enough to get it ti turn over i always seem to lose it or switch it out for another over stable one

i beat one into straight but I dont throw it enough to get it ti turn over i always seem to lose it or switch it out for another over stable one

OK, cool. Do you ever throw any P2's other than S-line? If so, what are your opinion on those?

Did anyone follow your card final round to capture your round on video?

How do you manage to stay out of your head when you're having such a hot round?

nope just drove through

Ahh. If you ever drive through again and get a chance to stop and play.. check out Bengal Ridge in Pocatello. Bout 2 hours south of Boise. One of the only 4+ rated courses in Idaho on this site Haha Once Lydell Gulch is finished, that'd be a really good one to hit up too. That's only about 20 minutes outside of Boise. Both have crazy elevation changes, short tech holes, and long bomber holes.

Did anyone follow your card final round to capture your round on video?

How do you manage to stay out of your head when you're having such a hot round?

I believe a couple people were filming, unsure it it was the whole round or not.
I have come to learn that nothing is good enough these days. the players are getting better and better so this year i'm pushing my rounds from hole 1 to 18 or 27 whatever the course is. I will be having more hot round this year by pushing myself and not allowing myself to over think shots and finding the best routes to score low.

So I know you have multiple different putting styles to fit different situations. How did you go about developing the different styles? I'm asking because this winter I've been putting indoors a lot and kinda started introducing another style that seems to also work. I would like to keep both. I find it hard to practice both - one somehow interferes with the other and both end up suffering.

So how do you practice? Do you just have one day when you practice one style, another day when you practice something else? Or do you break it up by half hour segments? I'd like to keep both styles and possibly add a third down the road, but as it is now I'm almost tempted to just go back to the original for consistency's sake.

I don't know if you have answered this before but why did you say no to the prodigy offer? I personally think you made the right choice sticking with Innova because now you are the face of the company!

How much involvement did you have in developing your signature Aviar? You've got your name on some excellent disc. Love the Aviar and Roc 3. Good luck this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.