• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Jesse B 707 said:
marmoset said:
random poster said:
how will you differentiate the molds in the dx runs? I suggest making it easy for people to tell the difference btw a dx rancho and a dx "new" roc.
good luck with this one.

Dave Dunipace said:
There will be four ways to tell the difference. The engraving is on a larger diameter, though it does say Rancho Cucamonga. The mark under the disc will be R+, instead of just R, the nose will be a little rounder, and it will feel a little different in your hand. If you don't know Rocs, you might not be able to tell the difference, but if you do, it will be no problem.
kahn.jpg

DAVE DEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
holy shit!!!! this is like my worst nightmare coming true.....FML
No worries, Jesse. There is always the Comet... :p

haha, no worries there are four easy ways to tell it apart. Proceeds to list 3 that are hard to tell and one that will hopefully be easy to use*.

*please be vigilant marking the rocs.

i think many of you need to try it out yourself before you speculate its uselessness.

this is a great disc

i know it has already found a spot in the bag of a fellow "roc lover/maniac"

but if it is designed to fly less stable out of the box that is pretty much the end of the cycle of DX Rocs being a good option

Jesse B 707 said:
but if it is designed to fly less stable out of the box that is pretty much the end of the cycle of DX Rocs being a good option
Jesse'
Let's start the NorCal revolution. What is with twenty something Roc variations?
The new mold show not have ANY Roc affiliation; I rename it the Koc! Or maybe Coc for Confusing Roc variation 5.0
I may be great but how much overlap does one need?
Hell play a few tight tree rounds with a new DX Rancho and add less hyzer each time as she beats in...repeat. Keep 3 or 4 rotating etc. Refu**in repeat.
Hell add a Star or Champ if it makes you giggle; does for me don't know why or care. I even "Roc" the Ontarios (Comets sure nice but why) they get flipdonkular.
But Innova no more Roc confusion please.

By the way the Mako is a longer Buzz :lol: love Buzzes (beat Rocs) 8)

Pardon my french but - This is bullshit. Why mess around with(one of) the most beloved molds of all times?

I remember being really frustrated when I first started playing about how many variations of "rocs" their were(classic, rancho, ontario, sanny, etc). Does the world *really* need one more?

Here's a crazy idea - if you put out a new mold, GIVE IT A NEW NAME! I don't give a shit if its just a "tweaked" version of something that already exists.

As long as Innova...

A. DOES NOT discontinue the Rancho Roc in its current form.

B. Clearly labels these "new" Rocs(sweet as they very well may turn out to be) in a way that makes it easy to tell them apart from the standard DX Rancho Rocs.

Then I won't freak out.

I appreciate what they are going for(an innova buzzz) I guess, but for frogs sake, leave the damn Roc alone. :evil:

Been trying Beat Rocs, Buzzes and Makos side by side for a few weeks on the course and just practice give or take some glide; SAME.
Innova does not need to make a Buzz clone.

Well considering the buzz is one of DC's best selling molds, from a business stand point it makes a lot of sense to make a buzz clone.

I agreed Jsw about this. Innova, just keep the GOOD dx rancho roc and make a whole new midrange disc.

This is kind a same thing what happend to teerex. :roll:

Frank Delicious said:
Well considering the buzz is one of DC's best selling molds, from a business stand point it makes a lot of sense to make a buzz clone.
pretty sure he tried that with the Mako, leave my Rocs alone!

New facelift for the Roc, yayyy!

They should discontinue the original rancho mold and then rerelease it in a few years. The plastic will be different by then, so the flight will probably change (super flippy out of the box), but who cares. People will eat these things up in 2015!

They should call it the Innova Hornet. reminds me a bigger buzzz. All you Dx'ers can go to the KC Pro (that is where the roc is at.)