• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

i throw them the 06 champ glow rocs...they are stable but not crazy overstable like the new 2010 nikko double stamped rancho..... they are domey and S T A B L E! the parting line height is higher. i can't get a 4x kenny but i do like the hole 7's just harder to find than the newer throwers and not as stable.

Got a Star Roc Plus at a Tourney last weekend and it is sweet. Gummy , nice and stable, and the slanted rim is not as bad as I thought it would be.

571945060_2029723903_0.jpeg

colombo117 said:
Got a Star Roc Plus at a Tourney last weekend and it is sweet. Gummy , nice and stable, and the slanted rim is not as bad as I thought it would be.

i'm glad there are more people liking the R+. it doesn't get enough love

colombo117 said:

+1 for me too.

Really nice flying disc just the right HSS/LSS. I can see why people wouldnt like the slanted rim it just doesnt bother me.

Champ glow Roc pluses just came out this morning...two different stamps...

u can find pics on ebay search glo roc

Hi rocs, how ya doing? Thanks for picking me up today when the winds were swirling and kicking the comets around in weird ways.

Frank Delicious said:
Hi rocs, how ya doing? Thanks for picking me up today when the winds were swirling and kicking the comets around in weird ways.

frank, how did you read my mind? this is exactly why I throw rocs with my comets - for those times when a comet doesn't feel so freshy fresh in the windy wind

victorb said:
Frank Delicious said:

frank, how did you read my mind? this is exactly why I throw rocs with my comets - for those times when a comet doesn't feel so freshy fresh in the windy wind
"this is exactly why I throw rocs with my comets "

Timko said:
That's exactly why I throw Rocs instead of Comets.

those two molds are so good that I don't mind them sharing the midrange slot in the bag, and I tend to be fairly minimalistic. can't go wrong with either, imo.

anyway, back on topic:
has anyone seen any of the weird dx r+ lately? I haven't seen any at our local PIAS at all, so maybe it was just a misstamped run?

victorb said:
...can't go wrong with either, imo.
I'll quote victorb again.
Both are great in different ways. I could use one or the other and be fine. Or I could use both and be bacon.

On topic: 150g Rocs are super sweet. I like them a little more than my 175g Rocs.

victorb said:
anyway, back on topic:
has anyone seen any of the weird dx r+ lately? I haven't seen any at our local PIAS at all, so maybe it was just a misstamped run?
I think the consensus was they're not actually R+, they just have a slightly slanted rim. On the ones I've seen, the slant is nowhere near as drastic as the R+ is. Also, they tend to be domier than a typical Rancho. Two thumbs down on the new DX run of Rocs from me :evil:

I was told by Innova East that the newest runs of Rocs from late this summer are not like the Rocs in question. They have no drumming (read: they're not super domey), and don't have that funky rim.

quick KC identification help here...

i got a used KC today, the stamp is just worn enough that there's no recovering the Champ-Times, but there's clearly a large bar-stamp-style Innova logo as opposed to the smaller right-aligned logo of 12x's.

so what's the most recent stamp/run with a larger bar-style Innova logo? i wouldn't be surprised if this is a 10x... feels noice n stiff

zj1002 said:
no it's gotta be a 12x, ill take it off your hands
bummer. ok, come pick it up. it's max weight.

also i feel like going by zachary and not zach for a little bit, so you can come by every other friday for my paychecks too.

-- KC Roc with large bar-style Innova logo, not right-aligned and small -- any clues?
it's not a pure bar-stamp... it's the KC Pro stamp with a larger old Innova logo.

Latest posts