• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

If it's brand new a collector might give you something for it, don't know a ton of guys who like those for throwing. I have a couple of those and just put them on the wall.

I picked up a couple "flat top"(they were stamped by the old machine but only have one color so they actually are flat) rocs at a tournament I was at recently and I am really disappointed in there initial stability. They are basically just straight out of the box. It flies nothing like my ching rocs ever did brand new. Anyone else throw any of the new flat top rocs?

rusch_bag said:
I picked up a couple "flat top"(they were stamped by the old machine but only have one color so they actually are flat) rocs at a tournament I was at recently and I am really disappointed in there initial stability. They are basically just straight out of the box. It flies nothing like my ching rocs ever did brand new. Anyone else throw any of the new flat top rocs?

I would be willing to take them off your hands if they are the right weight :D

I recently got one off of ebay that was a "flat top". When it arrived, it had a small sunken dimple in the middle of it, but thought nothing of it. My first throw with it was utter disbelief. It flipped over hard and never came out of the turn. Imagine my disbelief when that happened as I was trying to throw a 280 ft. hyzer off the tee.

I put a crispy new DX Ontario in the bag to start working it in. I am surprised that this one is so straight right out of the box. The last DX Ontario I had quite a bit more stability to it.

I have always just used normal dx ranchos, but I am messing around with flat tops, ontarios, and stars and I feel like I have been missing out a little.

BLURR said:
ut a crispy new DX Ontario in the bag to start working it in. I am surprised that this one is so straight right out of the box. The last DX Ontario I had quite a bit more stability to it.

i love my DX Ontarios. They are so money straight. But yea, my buddy throws alot of old Roc's and his Ontarios are pretty stable compared to the new runs. That could be plastic tho. The old DX feels more dense (not sure if im using the right word for what im trying to say). I gotta give the love out to Josh Hamm (WiDye) and Scott Pitner (Paper or Plastic Sports) for having lots of DX Ontarios at their tournaments. Building my stock up nicely this year.
i dont like the new runs of dx san marinos. the couple ive thrown have been really stable and the slow speed glide is lacking. you can however really power down on them and get them to fly far. I'd rather throw a domey Rancho tho.

took a trip to a course about an hour and a half from my house yesterday. on the second hole i found a sweet 11x roc! ran back to my car and put my buzzz's in the trunk. played the rest of that round with that roc alongside my comet and man was it awesome!

I want a Roc that will stay stable for a long time, fly like a fresh Roc should and not cost a lot of money. Are the new KC Pros durable enough for this role? I'm not trying to buy an 11x if I don't have to.

Peot said:
I want a Roc that will stay stable for a long time, fly like a fresh Roc should and not cost a lot of money. Are the new KC Pros durable enough for this role? I'm not trying to buy an 11x if I don't have to.
try a z or esp wasp... now i know that this post will get several members very uptight because "the new wasps arent stable at all." just give it a try. try to find a stiff plastic esp, or a heavy red or pink z wasp with the more clear plastic. that should do ya just fine.

Hyzerline49 said:
took a trip to a course about an hour and a half from my house yesterday. on the second hole i found a sweet 11x roc! ran back to my car and put my buzzz's in the trunk. played the rest of that round with that roc alongside my comet and man was it awesome!

I will say, the Roc Comet combo gave me more mid range confidence than any other middy combo. Two of the best discs in the game.

Now I'm using the MD2 Roc combo and my most beat C MD2 (usdgc stamp run) now acts as a faster star shark.

Peot said:

I've got two 12x roc's that I rotate between. They have about 2 years worth of wear on them and they are still stable to slightly overstable(And they look like they have noticeable wear on them).

Peot said:
12x should work. One I got was a crappy blend of plastic, so all I can tell you is stay away from the ones with the flight numbers, but the old innova logo. it could also be because it was colored, the colored KC plastic seems to beat up faster than the off white

of course I am probably crazy and you probably shouldnt listen to me unless you can find other people that have had the same problem