• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Valkyrie, a discussion.........

Isn't there an option to actually visit an Innova factory & pick out discs off the shelf?

Got to test them out today alongside my S-TD, a new Champ Valk max weight, and my Opto Culverin. These puppies are stable. about five throws down I started finding the flight more comparable to my fairly beat in Anax..

Not what I would call a "glideless brick" but they do have a decent amount of fade. I would call them 9/5/0/2 so more akin to a thunderbird. In roughly a dozen throws I didn't have any turn that weren't released poorly due to cold/wet weather.

For distance people they were traveling about as far as my Anax, which tops out about 375 on good days in the field. On a slightly downhill hole I actually had my best drive distance and linewise ever with it so that's a plus!

Got to test them out today alongside my S-TD, a new Champ Valk max weight, and my Opto Culverin. These puppies are stable. about five throws down I started finding the flight more comparable to my fairly beat in Anax..

Not what I would call a "glideless brick" but they do have a decent amount of fade. I would call them 9/5/0/2 so more akin to a thunderbird. In roughly a dozen throws I didn't have any turn that weren't released poorly due to cold/wet weather.

For distance people they were traveling about as far as my Anax, which tops out about 375 on good days in the field. On a slightly downhill hole I actually had my best drive distance and linewise ever with it so that's a plus!

I've never had a Valkyrie near as OS as a Thunderbird but I'm glad these are extra stable. I've got several champion Valkyries & need some Stars for BH.

Could you post some pictures of your Halo Valkyrie?

I've never had a Valkyrie near as OS as a Thunderbird but I'm glad these are extra stable. I've got several champion Valkyries & need some Stars for BH.

Could you post some pictures of your Halo Valkyrie?

Hopefully this works to attach photos!

Does this count as Prerubing?

Also an OS Valkyrie isn't really what I'm looking for as a thrower. Oh well. Might get a couple for my league anyway

A guy I play golf with often has a G* Valk that's beat nicely. I'd give him $25 for that disc if he'd sell it.

A G* Valkyrie does sound good. I haven't messed with G* all that much. How's the durability?

My friend's looks real beat in but flies consistent. No nicks, just a faded stamp and dirty rim. I like G* durability, I've been throwing it since it came out.

I bag 3 Gstar Valkyries. My go to driver. I throw right at 300' actual football field measurement. I've thrown terns and shrykes and whatever glidey driver you can think of, in the end the Valkyrie always goes just as far so I just throw Valks whenever possible.

My beat in 166g will have a soft gentle turn and finish straight, almost like throwing a putter, no driver flies straighter, really sweet in the woods. My 175 is just less turn, little more fade, just what you'd expect from 9 grams heavier.

you try a gstar

I used to throw G* Valks as my go to distance driver a while back. I was hoping these Halo Stars were like that, but it sounds like they're OS as hell for a Valk. My new Cosmic Neutron Volt already has this slot covered.

I'm glad to hear the Halo Valkyries are really stable. If anyone gets an orange or yellow please post some pictures. I want to make sure they're bright.

I have 2 Yellow Halo Valks in the mail now. Really hoping to get some flat ones but a little dome is ok! I will report in when they arrive! Looks like Yellow and Orange are the only colors left.

Not sure this is gonna upload from my phone but here's a pic of my Yellow Halo Valks. Pretty bright almost luster yellow on the rim especially on the bottom side.

Medium dome, which should be just about perfect for me to compliment my FAF star red Valk. I don't care much for Thundys so if these are stable to overstable I will be happy.

Otw to the course now.

Attachments

• IMG_20200210_120643.jpg
    IMG_20200210_120643.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 92
Just pulled out a Champ Valk a few days ago that I had bought way too soon for my noob arm and had to put away. My god I love this thing now. Good grip for Champ, a little domey, and seems to find a sweet spot of cutting air at relatively low arm speed and gliding a lot. This is exactly the go-to driver I need now.

Sad that I missed out on those beautiful Halos!