• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The Worst Color Discs in your Bag

I like to fish the local ponds with a retriever. I hate the flesh colored discs because they will be covered with leeches when you pull them out.

The leeches probably hate it too. They're like, "Man, this X Buzzz isn't filling at all."

I have a Tournament Stag that is basically purple/grey and it disappears like crazy.

Is it a Tournament Burst? If so, I have that same color in a Getaway. And yeah it's a tough one to find on an errant throw. Dark color + swirly plastic is the worst.

old discraft ti are terrible

i specifically make it a point not to own clear black tye dye green or yellow discs

yes thats a long list and i am very happy with my refinement

Is it a Tournament Burst? If so, I have that same color in a Getaway. And yeah it's a tough one to find on an errant throw. Dark color + swirly plastic is the worst.

It's burst like, but was made before that was a thing.

old discraft ti are terrible

i specifically make it a point not to own clear black tye dye green or yellow discs

yes thats a long list and i am very happy with my refinement

I have an old Ti Nuke that's copper colored. It's really a pretty disc, but it looks like an olympic bronze medal. You can't see it at all if its sitting in dead grass.

I've also seen some Ti discs that are kind of a murky dark blue, green, or purple. Those aren't easy to see in underbrush either.

The colors I see the best in weeds are white and pink. Bright yellow works too. Almost chartreuse.

I have an old Ti Nuke that's copper colored. It's really a pretty disc, but it looks like an olympic bronze medal. You can't see it at all if its sitting in dead grass.

I've also seen some Ti discs that are kind of a murky dark blue, green, or purple. Those aren't easy to see in underbrush either.

The colors I see the best in weeds are white and pink. Bright yellow works too. Almost chartreuse.

white is great until the snow hits

i like to throw my same bag year round

white is great until the snow hits

i like to throw my same bag year round

Agree with white - it films well, easy to track in the sky.

However, many manufacturers just did not make white in the plastic and molds I was throwing. So, if I wanted an all-white bag, I had to make concessions of what discs and or manufacturers I could throw.

I tried to concede to yellow, almost as good to film while still easy to see on the ground.

However to that, I have since stopped worrying about colors so much as most of my discs now have custom printed graphics. Most of my discs now have white, seafoam green, or orange rims with whatever graphic is on top.

I have a rule that the farther I can throw something, the brighter it has to be. I'm fine with disgusting colored putting putters. Throwing putters can be a little less desirable color of no other options. Drivers? They need to be a hurt your eyes, see from space kind of color.

However.....the one disc I bag that I hate throwing because it's hard to find is a very translucent purple-blue proton ion. Had I known how far I would eventually be able to throw it, I never would have went for that color. Ions can go faaaaar.

The Hardest to see non strictly putting disc I have is a Champion Glow Valkyrie the fact the disc is an off white color with being slightly translucent makes the disc hard to find in some situations. That and a #2 Upshot that is odd dark blue with inner red dot, a tie dye sort of. Only due to the Coral color dot can I find the dis. This #2 Upshot disc is more often a uphill/downhill putter as well as a US type approach/long putter disc and using the mold for the second use, the mold is hard to find in some cases.

The Barsby swirly star eagle I throw is a color I call "local stone grey/brown swirl."

I keep trying to put it on the shelf, but it keeps getting back in the bag. Damn thing looks like a rock. I kinda hope I lose it so I can replace it with something else, but mini Firebird is good so it stays for now.

The Barsby swirly star eagle I throw is a color I call "local stone grey/brown swirl."

I keep trying to put it on the shelf, but it keeps getting back in the bag. Damn thing looks like a rock. I kinda hope I lose it so I can replace it with something else, but mini Firebird is good so it stays for now.

Got it the first time 😉

I totally agree about the Barsby Eagle though. That's exactly how I describe it, baby Firebird. I don't have the arm speed for it, but it's a mini Firebird for sure.

I have a dark purple Barsby Roadrunner that I love throwing but I hate looking for it. It's still in the bag for now.

I also have a Fuzion Verdict that is dark gray and it's the worst colored disc I own. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it. It's definitely not in the bag because I bought a blue one I can find when I throw it.

Dang double post!! Who let that guy in here anyway?

A friend of mine was bagging a mud brown trespass with a ghost stamp for a while. Every round was 4 hours long, with how long we spent looking for that thing. He could really throw it well was the shame of it.

Casey 1988 :D

On a related note due to cottonwoods in the fall I hate banana yellow discs a Archon in Star and Star Valkyrie from 2009 Ice bowl in that weather or my Glow Valkyrie. Also do not like Valkyrie in winter where I also would hate a white ESP XL if not for a South Dakota State Disc Golf Tournament. The Banana Yellow discs I also do not like in tall Prairie grass that is tan.

Last edited:
Was playing the other day and spotted an olive green Nuke SS laying on the ground with a number on it. I swear, it was 3 tan splotches from being camouflage. Texted the guy and he came out with his 10 year old son. He said his son left it there.

I guess the kid's got a cannon for an arm.

I used to have a soft Vibram Trak that was all earth tones. Like 5 or 6 of them, might as well been camo. :thmbdown:

Do the people that make discs pay attention to what colors are bad?? Do they care what sells best? Or do they get a good price on junky plastic colors, but still sell them and make more profit?? It seems like they should know by now what colors to avoid.