• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

These are a few of my favorite things

Varsi said:
booter said:
*playing with a good group of friends that are all about playing golf till the sun goes down

And when the sun won't go down... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlgKdkSsOjU (I was filming this and the shaking is due to me trying to fight off some bugs.)
So finnish summer and finally having a local course first come in my mind.

Nice finish to the video :) God to see you guys. I had missed this video. Sunglasses for the glaring midnight sun :) Nice touch.

Aside from playing disc golf in general it is always nice to surprise yourself by having the disc fly like you intended on a line and distance that require perfect execution that usually eludes you.

I have a new one, accidentally making a shot that seems like the kind of wild shot I would throw anyway just to turn heads. And every witness assuming thats what I intended. (I accidentally threw a roller up the street I usually roll next to and had it hop up the curb right next to the pin)

Mark Ellis said:
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...*

These are a few of my favorite things...

* Throwing a perfect shot. Not just one with a good result but one that flies just like I envisioned it. One that looks perfect from the second it leaves my hand to the moment it finishes. The more difficult the shot and the more critical the timing of the shot (like the last hole of a tournament when I am in contention) the better a perfect shot feels.

* Having a cooler packed to the gills with ice and beverage waiting for me at the end of a round. Sometimes just sitting down at the end of a round is blissful.

* Dressing just right for a round in shaky conditions. The key is to wear the least bulky and restricting layers possible for the conditions. I would always rather be a bit too cold than too hot.

* Collecting a sponsorship bonus. Getting new discs is always a treat but there is something special about earning them by winning a tournament. It is too much fun to visit the factory and search through the racks.

Footnote*
For those who didn't get the raindrops and whiskers reference, it comes from a song in the movie, The Sound of Music, which must be way before your time.

What, no schnitzel with noodles?

Getting that one perfect drive that your friends clap at!:D
Getting a confidence boost from good players complimenting a throw
Sitting on the benches with good friends trash talking eachother before we tee off:D

Sidearm hyzer-flipping a beat 150 Champion Sidewinder lazer-straight down a 270' tunnel and when they ask what that was they don't believe me when I tell them the truth.

Throwing all my drivers on the one open hole and having a shot at birdie from all 5 of them.

*practicing!

*playing skins with Jon Drummond and Cale Leiviska on my days off. also including random rounds with friends.

*coming down the stretch in tournaments, if in contention.

*baiting people into going for shots, given my reputation as a player. this also includes successful psyche outs.

*getting new plastic. includes testing them.

masterbeato said:
*practicing!
*baiting people into going for shots, given my reputation as a player. this also includes successful psyche outs.

I don't have nearly as big of a cannon as you, but as an AM even compared to the Open guys, I have one of the longer arms in my area. There have been a lot of rounds recently that I have had people try to copy my higher lines and not be able to hit them. it is kinda fun 8)

also this goes sort of hand in hand

*watching friends learn new lines from me and successfully hit them. I have been semi-training some of my fellow students and the progress some of them have made is tremendous. hands down one of the best things about disc golf, teaching.

zj1002 said:
masterbeato said:
*practicing!

I don't have nearly as big of a cannon as you, but as an AM even compared to the Open guys, I have one of the longer arms in my area. There have been a lot of rounds recently that I have had people try to copy my higher lines and not be able to hit them. it is kinda fun 8)

also this goes sort of hand in hand

*watching friends learn new lines from me and successfully hit them. I have been semi-training some of my fellow students and the progress some of them have made is tremendous. hands down one of the best things about disc golf, teaching.

i bait people into going for stuff by throwing in my 99% range on par 4's, and people try to go for it. because they know who i am so if i throw 330' lay up on a 600' hole they will try to bite off more than they can chew by trying to beat me on the shot rather than the hole.

i also like throwing stupid crazy lines like that as well, but unfortunately around here in the pro field they know better than to try lines that i take. so now it is based onto the dimoralizing factor so now i can relax when i try to bait them. which makes it easier. lol

i am not an a$$hole or anything, it is just the name of competition and i am sure you understand that part. hehe

forgot to add
*teaching students that have made breakthroughs in their game. nothing is more incredible feeling than that. i have had 4 students of mine make huge breakthroughs.

Opening a new course in an urban park on a Thursday and having 43 show up.

Kernan got the press to show up and our good friend Rob Williams beat him on his own course.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/11/disc_golf_course_opens_in_city.html#comments

Special note: Grand Master - Dangerous Don Perkins played the same course the second round and puts up the best score.
Beats, 2009 Vibram Open casher Jose Ossa, by 2, Matty Orum, 2010 VO runner-up by 4 and yours truly by 2.

Love it when a friend has a career day. I will get him next time.

steve timm

Throwing the perfect forehand.

Sitting on a portable chair when everyone else is standing (after they have made fun of you in the past for carrying it every round).

Getting to the end of a round and being happy with it. Instead of getting to the end and counting off every shot that could have been better (this doesn't happen much, I always pick apart every mistake).

75ft + makes

Latest posts