• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thrift Store DG finds.

Generally speaking, the people at PIAS aren't involved with disc golf. You'll find that the ones with correct pricing and a clue as to what they're doing are very close to courses. Elsewhere they're just expensive frisbees as far as the clerks are concerned.

My wife found these hanging behind the counter at the thrift store yesterday. She picked 'em up for a dollar. Still sealed in the package, Wham-O mini set. Package says 1967 with an original price of 77 cents. Has games to use them for listed on the back including frisbee golf. I've got them up with the wall discs.

Attachments

• Mini Set.jpg
    Mini Set.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 139
  • Mini Set Back.jpg
    Mini Set Back.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Mini Set Frisbee Golf.jpg
    Mini Set Frisbee Golf.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 57
I picked up the Wham-O Frisbee Golf set today brand new in the box at the local Goodwill for $5.00.

ive been looking for one of these. i ordered one off of target but they were on backorder then they cancelled the backorder so i never got it

pfft still no thrift store finds. keep finding cheap-o frisbees tho.

i look in the sporting good section but now i think i'll have to go deep into the stinky toy/stuffed animals to take a look.

i just found a 11x kc pro aviar for $2.99 at pias tho. so i guess its not all bad.

if not a Play It Again thrift stores are where to find diamond in the roughs for sure

Not my local play it again. The owner is all about disc golf and knows what he has on his hands. I went there looking for a great deal and was surprised. Plus he's the only guy in town that sell new Lat 64 gear.

My son scored a Champ Viking at our local ARC thrift store yesterday. We were passing the toys and I see him lunge for a toy jeep. As I'm wondering what the heck he's doing, he reaches under and pulls out a disc golf disc. It was priced at $1.99 on a pink tag. The tag of the day color was pink, meaning half price. So he scored a Champ Viking for $1. He's way too proud of himself. Lol.

My uncle found me an almost brand new Innova Discatcher Traveler in a Goodwill for $5. The best part? He gave it to me...

my brother scored a disc at a thrift shop the other year. forget what he payed or what it was. the shop in my town is ****ed and charges the same prices as is you went and got it new foir everything

my wife found a milk crate full of discs at a garage sale one day...she called me at work and asked if she should buy it...$10.00...i told if she didn't..she wasn't allowed to come home!

Generally speaking, the people at PIAS aren't involved with disc golf. You'll find that the ones with correct pricing and a clue as to what they're doing are very close to courses. Elsewhere they're just expensive frisbees as far as the clerks are concerned.
The guys at my PIAS are surprised that I would actually pay $15 for the old discs.

390955_10150570824260482_280352900_n.jpg

I worked in the donations in take of a GCF for about a year and not once did I ever see a disc.... that would of made my day.

This thread made me stop at Goodwill today . . . I ended up with just a House of Pain CD . . . no discs unfortunately, just compact discs

Arise from the dead!

Found a big packet of those old school pink erasers for .99 cents today
that I use for my reusable scorecard!

Anyone else find something in the past two years?

I know Prerube scored 2 instep style baskets at two different thrift stores about 3 months apart from each other. They were $20ish each.

Latest posts