• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

too freakin' hot!

eg37167

Par Member
I'm bummed out now. Have been on vacation all week, and with temps at 100 every day I have yet to play at all. Back to work Monday, no DG played at all! What a bummer!!

Here in FL we wear a hat, bring lots of water, wear lightweight clothing, bring a big towel (for sweat) and man up.

We just bring extra liquids and bear with it. Michigan gets up above 100 in the late summer, and it's been 90+ most of the summer so far...only thing that sucks about golfing in weather like that is the discs fly different

you can always play early or wait until the evening to play. Let's not forgett some of the most exciting golf to be played is at night! No sun allowed!
Don't spend your vacation on a computer or in front of a tv, damn it!

Evenings and mornings are the best time to play in the summer. Avoid the middle of the day!

Our Tuesday night tag round had a low turn out due to the heat and humidly this week... it was rough, I had to hold my disc in my left hand and then wipe the accumulated sweat off of it before teeing off on each hole. I just had sweat puring down my face on some holes.

GB the dry-tech shirt I had on, but GDB the cotton shorts that seemingly weighed an extra 4 lbs by the time the round was over.

i had to man up yesterday, i know wthat. it wasover 90 with tons of humidity. shot a great round but then i weak armed a tee rex into a water hazard. blech.

Its been in the 100s and humid here, we have lots of wind. I think it helps a little, not with our scores but with the temp.

I'm in oklahoma, so you guys can watch the pga championship to see how hot it is here and I just shot a personal best -8 at dolese in okc. just bring the h2o and be a man

Just play the right courses, right now I am restricted I'm playing only woods courses (all shade), Water Works Parks (mysteriously cool up there), and a local pitch and putt (short time outside).

eg37167 said:
I'm bummed out now. Have been on vacation all week, and with temps at 100 every day I have yet to play at all. Back to work Monday, no DG played at all! What a bummer!!

I'm not far away in Franklin, and our car had it at 105 today after it had started cooling off. With that and the humidity around here, there's no way it would have been worth it today. Of course, I say that as I plan a round tomorrow down at BC in the boro.

Mr.Bigg said:
Just play the right courses, right now I am restricted I'm playing only woods courses (all shade), Water Works Parks (mysteriously cool up there), and a local pitch and putt (short time outside).

Works was swealtering around 4 when I was out there. Where's this only woods course you speak of? You're not talking about Down Under, are you?

Water and a sweat towel are the key for this heat. High humidity makes it a little unbearable, but as long as you drink some cold water and pause for the cause you should make it. I usually wear as much white as possible, and always wear a hat.

Sometimes I just put ice in a bottle so I can pour it on my head and back of my neck once it melts a little. I'm gonna pick up a headband this week, I may look stupid but I won't get sweat in my eyes or on my glasses.

I havent done this for disc golf, but for soccer I did it all the time.
Put ice cold water in a spray bottle. THAT shit feels awesome on the back of your neck and face.

We've been getting tons of humidity down here in Louisiana. Damn gulf brings in moisture like crazy. I break a sweat walking 30 feet from my truck to the door at my work. Its brutal.

Just get a case of diet cola and a pack of Marlboro's and you'll do just fine in the heat.

used a spray bottled for that reason the other day, just sit it in with cfo's

well, as much as I hated to, I got up at early to play this morning -- was on the course by 7:00 AM (Seven Oaks, Nashville). Played all 18, and I was drenched by the end. It was already 90 before I left. I got a birdie, threw mostly par with a couple of 4s. Best round ever on that course, actually...