• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Top MVP disc used for bombing a long one!

I just noticed that the people questioning me about disc durability haven't even been playing disc golf long enough to properly break in a premium plastic mold... Interesting connotation.

:clap::clap::clap:

You sir win the award for best MVP burn I've heard in a while. Well done! Keep up the good work.

:popcorn:

LOL have you ever even thrown an MVP disc? I think we got another Thinhotair trolling the mvp threads.

Do I know you? And BTW, I throw a lot of MVP and Axiom. The only non-MVP disc currently in my bag is a Buzzz...and a couple putting putters. The problem is ANYone who disagrees with a few special case MVP/Axiom noobs here gets attacked, insulted, accused of never throwing an MVP disc, etc, etc.

Nice to see Niko chucking MVP

Last edited:
I just noticed that the people questioning me about disc durability haven't even been playing disc golf long enough to properly break in a premium plastic mold... Interesting connotation.

I'm sure I haven't played as many rounds as you, but over 500 rounds at a heavily wooded course with gravel fairways ought to be enough to 'break in' a premium plastic disc.

Agree? Disagree? Not being a smart ass, I am genuinely asking.

BTW being a nOOb does not always equate to being weak

I find it takes about 3 seasons of normal play for star/esp/gold type plastics to beat in, and 4 for champ/z/opto types. This is for me personally, I play on avg 5 days out of any given week. I do not intervene with the break-in process, but I have friends who swear by draping a blanket over a chainlink fence and throwing at it until desired break-in is achieved.

Last edited:
My younger brother comes to mind, he is diesel, benches 315 6 reps, just started playing last season, but has zero technique, I have him throwing a Z Zombee just so he can develop his form. He also bags a Prodigy 400 M4 and one of AFTC's old Eclipse Anodes (thanks BTW bruthaman!), he does not get a distance driver until I see him hyzerflip that Zombee.

I'm sure I haven't played as many rounds as you, but over 500 rounds at a heavily wooded course with gravel fairways ought to be enough to 'break in' a premium plastic disc.

Agree? Disagree? Not being a smart ass, I am genuinely asking.

BTW being a nOOb does not always equate to being weak

I just want to say I pulled the 1.7 years playing out of my a$$ in the previous post. I wasn't targeting you. :gross:

Depending on how you throw, that is enough time to see some seasoning on premium pastic.

I just want to say I pulled the 1.7 years playing out of my a$$ in the previous post. I wasn't targeting you. :gross:

Depending on how you throw, that is enough time to see some seasoning on premium pastic.
I don't take offense to anything said in these forums. No worries brother. I'm just trying to learn and get better. Disc golf has become an obsession for me, out of all the sports I've played throughout my youth and adulthood, this is by far my favorite. I just wish I started before I was an old man :)

Better late than never. I secretly get a little bit jealous when I see a kid who can barely walk, yet is making 10 ft putts on a practice basket... When that kid is my age, he will likely be so much better than me that I'll cry a little bit.

Ha! I already cry a little bit when a high school 10th grader is parking 400' holes and he's only been playing 6 months. I know he's only gonna throw farther. We also have a kid who just started kindergarten who can flick 100' or so and bombs 50' putts on a regular basis (with his flick no less)

All in all it's awesome to see youth embracing this sport to ensure it keeps growing and evolving

My nephew is 7 and he can break 100 feet as well, he forehands AND backhands a 150 Champ Valkyrie. I haven't gotten him on a course yet, he just throws in his backyard, but he is going to be a stud I predict.

I don't take offense to anything said in these forums. No worries brother. I'm just trying to learn and get better. Disc golf has become an obsession for me, out of all the sports I've played throughout my youth and adulthood, this is by far my favorite. I just wish I started before I was an old man :)

I luckily started pretty early on but I didn't play enough during those first few years. Still regret that but maybe it prevented me from burning out.

I did some damage to one of my teslas the other day. Smashed it into one of the walls around the islands at idlewild, from about 300ft. On a cold day it was hardly more than bad scuff. Took out my nail clipper file and smoothed it out in about 20sec.

DISC IS NOW ILLEGAL!!!! DISC IS NOW ILLEGAL!!!

you must send the disc to me now because it is now not a usable disc :p