• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Prose: Love of Eagles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~to high and watch this bird yank from right to left . It spins like a washing machine full of bricks and starts
~~~~~~~~pull from low~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~pulling, hurting,
~~~I start my~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~draining my life
~~~~~ from the confident perch my brain sits on into the cracked concrete laid there by workers who never knew they were pouring my grave.

Wow, Aaron. You don't post in forever and you chime in on some improper haiku. Nice

aw, crap! well, it's not prose, anyway :-D

two-syllable penalty for me!

There once was a man from Nantucket
who held a Teebird in his hand and said "fuckit!
This disc don't do but one thing well
I need a disc that is better than swell."
So along came a short man agrinnin'
and an Eagle he was aflingin'.
The frustrated man saw this
and asked "what disc, stranger
are you throwing that seems to never miss
it's target and is more beautiful than a baby in a manger?"
The stranger just said one word without stopping
"eagle" and of that disc there is no topping.

What happens to the LSS of Star and Champ Eagles as they beat in??? I only have experience with DX Eagles and a newish 12x Champ Eagle and these are quite different beasts. The DX Eagles lost their LSS quite quickly. Do the Star and/or Champs keep a good amount of LSS as they beat in or do they lose it like the DX?

I don't throw a lot of champs but I can speak to the Stars. They lose both but HSS probably goes first. You can get em to turn real easy once they're beat but they will still flex out. It just happens later in the flight. Nothin like a beat star eagle.

Eric O said:
I don't throw a lot of champs but I can speak to the Stars. They lose both but HSS probably goes first. You can get em to turn real easy once they're beat but they will still flex out. It just happens later in the flight. Nothin like a beat star eagle.

Sweet and sweet!

disc junkie said:
I agree with jesseb and Zj, I just want to add that I just recently went to my local disc monger and I bought two new champ eagle x that have the flight ratings on the stamp and I must say these may be my favorite eagles ever and I've thrown a Lot of eagles. These new ones are very Domey and are super opaque and grippy (the perfect combination). So if all or most are like the two I have buy them and buy them all now cause they are money!
I bought one of these Eagles after you recommended them.
You're right... pure unadulterated groovy.
I quickly bought 3 more and I'm hoping to find a couple more.
These domey opaque Champs are where it's at.

There once was a disc chewing beagle
who cast a keen eye on my eagle
I swatted his ass
'til the bad thought did pass
and the disc is still pristine and regal

alternate ending:
and the disc is still tournament legal

EL-KABONG! said:
There once was a disc chewing beagle
who cast a keen eye on my eagle
I swatted his ass
'til the bad thought did pass