• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Traveling with large backpacks?

guitarmanst

Par Member
Spinal Tap Voodoo..

-gotta ask if this would be too large for a carry on. I booked a vacation to see a buddy in LA and cant resist bringing my discs.. Even if I dont fill the side pockets ya think it will fit over head or under neath the seat kind of deal?
:popcorn::thmbup::popcorn:

FWIW, I traveled with my Big Hyzer Ergo2, as a carry-on to PDX last year and plan to do the same this year. I had my full lineup, a few extra bavkup discs, snacks, headphones, tablet, books and a few other items and I had zero problems boarding or getting it into the overhead compartment. Granted, its no Voodoo or Mahal lol

FWIW, I traveled with my Big Hyzer Ergo2, as a carry-on to PDX last year and plan to do the same this year. I had my full lineup, a few extra bavkup discs, snacks, headphones, tablet, books and a few other items and I had zero problems boarding or getting it into the overhead compartment. Granted, its no Voodoo or Mahal lol

I am not extremely aware of the size differences for the voodoo/mahal/ergo2 for example... Are the sizing's not as similar as I would think?

Ergo2 is def a "smaller" bag then the spinal tap.
idk how easy the spinal tap would be to deal with. a smaller bag would prolly be a better option.

Ergo2 is def a "smaller" bag then the spinal tap.
idk how easy the spinal tap would be to deal with. a smaller bag would prolly be a better option.

damn.. Hoping I can persuade a friend to do a bag swap for a week then to play it safe..

I think that with how pliable your voodoo is, as long as its not packed to the gills you should be fine. If you have concerns take measurements and contact you airline

You could always check your dg bag or put in your luggage and take your discs as a carry on in a regular backpack. I never check my discs, it would take months to get my arsenal back together. The bag is replaceable

I've used my Grip as a carry on with no problems...but I realize it's smaller than what you're talking about.

I may play with breaking down the internal frame a bit to make it easier.. :popcorn::popcorn:
thanks for the ongoing advice, very helpful guys!

Coming back from Korea, and here in September when I fly to Utah for a tourney, I put my Golf Mahal inside my suitcase. It's a large suitcase, but I just packed my clothes around it and everything was good. My only Issue with trying it for a carry - on is having to explain to the mouth breathers at TBA why I'm carrying 25 Frisbees.

I guess it depends on the airport? I fly out of BWI ( Baltimore-Washington), the lady did back it up to get a closer look at the screen, but after a few seconds it was fine.

I know people who use the Mahal fully expanded as carry on without problems. I would assume you wont have a problem.

i've carried my simian as a carry-on before, no issues... fits in the overhead of most non-puddle jumpers

I flew with my Large Prodiscus bag fully loaded as a carry-on for internation and domestic flights. You should be fine.:thmbup: