• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trilogy Challenge

I wanted to run one. The park district asked for specifics as to what would be done with the entrance fee. I requested this information on two separate occasions from DD and never received a response. If it's not worth their time to respond to simple questions, it's not worth my time to run their event.

Um... it's up to YOU to figure out what you want to do with proceeds. You make $9 per player. So $21 goes to DD and $9 to TD. You can pocket it as your fee I guess, but I expect most of us will be using the funds for club activities. Ours is specifically designated to our B-Tier event this fall.

This is an AWESOME fundraiser. The other events net you only $5 per player. Everyone gets more value than the entry fee, so it's a win-win for all involved.

I am running one on July 20th at Firefighters in Michigan. discgolfscene.com/tournaments/the_2014_trilogy_challenge

The name Trilogy was voted on by the fan page. I originally created the logo with the thought of trinity in mind, since all 3 companies are working together in a way to grow the sport and creat the kind of partnership that will do nothing but push the sport forward. Plus the know in the logo is the Trinity Knot from Celtic lore. The actual word trinity has no meaning to religion, it simply means a grouping of three entities/items/things. But that was one of the bi reasons Trilogy was voted for

The discs will be in these plastics:
Driver-Dynamic Discs Biofuzion line
Midrange-Lat64 Recycle line
Putter-Westside Discs Bt Soft line

what we know about the discs:
DRIVER- It will be a new Dynamic mold called the Thief. Numbers so far look to be 8/5/-1/2, or a slightly more stable Witness. It is currently being tested by some of the DD guys

MIDRANGE- It will be a new Lat64 mold, possibly a very OS model along the lies of a Gator type, with lower glide than the Mace and Pain and a bit more fade. My guess is a 5/3/0/4

PUTTER- It will be a new Westside mold. Currently the 2 putters they have are the Swan. which is US and the Harp, which is very OS. It is thought that this mold will be along the lines of a slightly OS caliber, maybe something along the lines of 3/3/0/2.

The packs are $30 for players, at a cost of $21 to the TD shipping included.
you will want to preregister your players so you know how many packs to order. I recommend bring in extra, which I will do for those who show up day of. Those packs will be an extra $5

To those other TDs running these, I was kicking this idea around in order to "protect" some of the more inexperienced players. If a player wishes to pay an extra $10 the day of the event they can and they will be removed from contention of the winner pack. They will then play for the money brought in by whoever decides to play for it, a winner take all purse. Thoughts?

think I covered all the questions

Is this official information?

Is this official information?

The plastics are pretty much on. Last I asked there was no firm answer on soft or hard. It was just assumed by some to be soft because it's more common here in the US. I still think there might be an option but if it's going to be one or the other it will be soft.

As for the rest of it...

No it's not. That's why I tried to point that out to him. It's rumor mill speculation that has been floating around the trilogy fan group by people making guesses.

Not that plenty of assumptions and speculation don't go on around here, by myself even when it comes to DD releases, but I always label it as such and make it clear it's just my opinion or stuff I've listened to from people who are likely to know.

The fact is besides the name Thief and a profile pic or two there isn't much out there. Bobby said some stuff about it on the podcast I think I don't really listen to those all the time. I know he's thrown some. It is based off parts of the witness but could be classified a speed 7 with that blunt edge. Or an 8. It's not finalized. Neither are numbers on the other two. They probably won't be until some feedback comes in from participants and they go to stamp them for production.

It's fine to assume and all that but you shouldn't lead it off with "here's what we KNOW about the discs"

I've posted stuff on this site and not that fan group only to scroll through facebook an hour later and see my info posted there and passed on as fact, or someone else's, or coming from some special source. It's kind of funny actually. Not saying anyone specifically but I've seen my screenshots and other stuff posted in that group almost right after and then when I try to clarify it I get argued with....them not even knowing I was the source of it anyway lol

I've made it clear I don't work there. I work for myself and just spend a lot of time there talking and asking questions because I'm curious and I like to know how to budget my disc buying.

The Thief's numbers are set. Per Eric McCabe. As for the other info regaeding the discs yes we dont have definite info but based off what has been hinted at by Eric, rusco, and Tomas it is looking like the assumptions, as you call them, are holding true. As for the Bt Soft that has been confirmed by Tomas and DD. The Bt hard rarely makes it into the States unless you know someone overseas or order from discsport.se. the Mid and the Putter info is being held close to the chest so I will gice you that those numbers are my guesses based in what lil info they are giving out.

As for the cash issue, you raise a decent point. I will have to email Kindy or Rusco about that.

Im bummed...there is only two of these in Colorado, and there are PDGA tourneys both days. I'd like to run one myself, but with the move (leaving Korea in May back to Colorado) I don't have the time to put in the leg work. This looks like a ton of fun, and the discs all sound pretty solid. Hope I can find one that I can play in!

I stand corrected...I didn't look hard enough. I found one in Longmont, CO! Pretty excited about this. I really like Westside/Lat/DD plastic and discs. Haven't found too much of their stuff to replace what I already have, but I am testing the Suspect as a replacement for the Tensor. And I do bag the glorious Giant.

Pretty excited to see what the Trilogy Challenge has to offer for the Lat mid and Westside putter. Not head over heels in anticipation with the Thief, but it sounds like a pretty solid disc.

Um... it's up to YOU to figure out what you want to do with proceeds. You make $9 per player. So $21 goes to DD and $9 to TD. per player.

The park district requested a breakdown of the entry fee. The only breakdown of this I've seen is here on DGCR, as you've done above. I don't doubt your information but I needed that information direct from DD to be forwarded to the park district. It is possible DD misunderstood my request, much as you did. With that thought, when I wrote the second time for information, I explained what I was requesting more thoroughly. Regardless, I'd expect a response even were it so simple as, "We don't understand your request".

The Thief's numbers are set. Per Eric McCabe. As for the other info regaeding the discs yes we dont have definite info but based off what has been hinted at by Eric, rusco, and Tomas it is looking like the assumptions, as you call them, are holding true. As for the Bt Soft that has been confirmed by Tomas and DD. The Bt hard rarely makes it into the States unless you know someone overseas or order from discsport.se. the Mid and the Putter info is being held close to the chest so I will gice you that those numbers are my guesses based in what lil info they are giving out.

As for the cash issue, you raise a decent point. I will have to email Kindy or Rusco about that.

Ok well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I recall his answers to possible numbers on the thief as being an opinion after a few test throws. If you want to take that as definite go right ahead. I think most of us around here do call it an assumption when you said hinted at. You completely threw out some flight numbers after saying this is what we know. This we keeps coming up. Yeah yeah the bt hard overseas jargon. You used this same argument to the fan page then got pointed out that bt hard putters are not uncommon at all in this country. I already agreed it will be the soft if there isn't a choice given. We just have a difference of styles I guess. I try to not say something is true unless I'm told directly something is certain and others like to go off a hint or rumor second hand. It's no biggie. I hope your event goes off great but I definitely think you should run that cash payout idea past them. I'm about 95% sure you're going to be asked not to do that .

I did see a new press release that came from DD five days ago and I guess we're both a little wrong. They are now "set" but you have them as 8/5/-1/2 and it's actually 8/6/-1/2 So there you go. Verified.

Last edited:
Has anyone who signed up to run one of these gotten any info? Is it too soon? I signed up and the site said something like - "you will be contacted". And the trilogychallenge.com site has been down a lot.

Got an email today confirming some details. Looks like a great chance to raise some funds for the club.

new info out for Westside's contribution...the Shield. Will be in Bt Medium. Surprised they went away from soft but this will be the first Medium Bt disc to be made for Westside. A stable putter, it looks like it'll have a lid type feel to it. tall and a shallow rim depth, maybe something along the lines of BB putters. Hard to say, I personally don't have much experience with that style, never like chunky putters

Attachments

• 1376503_10100935669652568_1651003371_n.jpg
    1376503_10100935669652568_1651003371_n.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 89
medium is the best thing they could've done and seems to be similar to a warden but deeper and likely very glidey and easy to approach with. 3/3/0/1 should make a pretty good point and shoot putt and approach. I'll probably end of playing in three of these challenges so I'll have a few to toss around. Might make a good warm up catch disc.

The park district requested a breakdown of the entry fee. The only breakdown of this I've seen is here on DGCR, as you've done above. I don't doubt your information but I needed that information direct from DD to be forwarded to the park district. It is possible DD misunderstood my request, much as you did. With that thought, when I wrote the second time for information, I explained what I was requesting more thoroughly. Regardless, I'd expect a response even were it so simple as, "We don't understand your request".

In your breakout to the Park Department, just label the $21 as wholesale cost of players packs. How you break out the remaining $9 is up to you.

In your breakout to the Park Department, just label the $21 as wholesale cost of players packs. How you break out the remaining $9 is up to you.

This is the information I gave to the guy I am working with at our local park/rec. They have been good so far, it only took THREE WEEKS to get approval for my June 1st date :doh:. I told him the "Profit" would go to cover my costs of the event. I plan to break even on our event here, my goal is to just get 25 to signup/play. DG is new and mostly unheard of here, as our course has only been in the ground for 11 months now.

I will be buying up some extra stuff to go as prizes, and will have to rent a porta-jon or two if I cant get someone to donate the use of one for the day. This stuff will be out of my pocket until the event is done.

The problem is that I've not received a wholesale quote. All I have is "what some guy said on a forum". Were it just me, "what some guy said" would be fine but Parks requested a quote and unless that quote comes from an authorized representative of DD, it's not valid. Not certain why the distinction appears to be so confusing.

Almost_Gets said:
This sounds like a lot of fun to me. Can't wait for the one at West Main Park in Illinois.

Anyone have a date on this as it's not listed on the Trilogy Challenge website?

and... immaterial but whatever profit would have gone to the park district as they're in a bind financially. It wouldn't have been much but gestures never hurt.

Latest posts