• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Trilogy equivalent of an Innova beast

DukeSilver79

Bogey Member
I did a search, but didn't find much. I'm a newer player who recently threw a friend's beast. I love trilogy plastic, so do they make something similar? Thanks.

I did a search, but didn't find much. I'm a newer player who recently threw a friend's beast. I love trilogy plastic, so do they make something similar? Thanks.

No.

The Beast is kinda unique with it's "L" wing. The Surge SS has the same kind of straight tapered wing, same speed 10, similar stability, similar flight and glide, and superior, IMO.

No.

The Beast is kinda unique with it's "L" wing. The Surge SS has the same kind of straight tapered wing, same speed 10, similar stability, similar flight and glide, and superior, IMO.
Thanks. I'll look into getting a beast or a surge, or both, LOL.

that's assuming he threw an L mold, lol.
if it says 2003 champion or is pre barry, it's an X mold.
X molds rule. L is ok. I think the trespass is kinda similar to the old mold beast.
new mold beast isn't too different from a stable sidewinder.

Beast, Orc, and Starfire all shared the same top initially I believe. The OG Beast and Orc were more or less identical fliers. I do not like the new Beasts at all though, I like the DGA Rogue a lot better for sure.

Make sure if you pick up a Beast, may want to do it online, Innova doesn't produce the L mold Beast anymore they went back to the original recently, I know retailers like Marshall Street have them listed as which one you are getting while they get rid of the L mold stock.

that's assuming he threw an L mold, lol.
if it says 2003 champion or is pre barry, it's an X mold.
X molds rule. L is ok. I think the trespass is kinda similar to the old mold beast.
new mold beast isn't too different from a stable sidewinder.

Oh that's right, Innova changed yet another disc while keeping the same name. In this case, changed it back. 3 time's a charm?

Flirted with the L wing mold. Liked it, but moved on. Picked up a new old mold in Dx. Love that disc. Will look for it in Star for when I experiment with discing down from 12s.

Make sure if you pick up a Beast, may want to do it online, Innova doesn't produce the L mold Beast anymore they went back to the original recently, I know retailers like Marshall Street have them listed as which one you are getting while they get rid of the L mold stock.

Thank you everyone for your help. I got a champ Beast from Marshall street (orig. mold) and also picked up a Surge SS.

What types of trilogy plastic? I haven't been throwing long, but seems like each manufacturer has its own version of DX, champ, star, etc.

I don't see much different between Opto and champ, for example.

I think rim wise the Escape is the closest.

OP-Why not just throw the Beast?

Yeah, the Surge SS is rated as having less turn and more fade, but I found it almost identical to the Beast flight, champion-Elite Z. Of course, this assumes it's not a domeless Z Surge SS, and some of the ones I've seen on the shelf recently are pretty flat topped...ugh.

Last edited:

Latest posts