• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trout's Neophyte Bag

Trout

Hey all... trying to put together a bag that'll carry me for a while. I'd rather carry less than more plastic (six-ish). And, I'm just starting back in here, so all advice is good (I used to play with just one disc). I have just purchased a few from my own (probably misguided) research. My drives hover right around 300... I do better at my short game. I'd also lean towards more durable plastics (Champ, etc) on future purchases... my local course eats the DX.

What gaps do I have? What would you change?

Distance Drivers:
DX Destroyer 167
DX Valkyrie 169

Fairway Driver:
Champ TBird 172

Midrange:
DX Roc 168
Glow Roc 165

Putter:
X-Firm Summit 174

Thanks in advance!

it would be good to add a workable fairway driver to complement the teebird. something like a gazelle or cyclone -- those will fly a lot like the teebird at first but as you learn them and they they break in, they'll be more versatile (meaning that you'll be able to make them turn right somewhere along the flightpath, fly straight with no fade, do flattened hyzers, etc.).

Glow sidewinders are the best!

Trout said:
Hey all... trying to put together a bag that'll carry me for a while. I'd rather carry less than more plastic (six-ish). And, I'm just starting back in here, so all advice is good (I used to play with just one disc). I have just purchased a few from my own (probably misguided) research. My drives hover right around 300... I do better at my short game. I'd also lean towards more durable plastics (Champ, etc) on future purchases... my local course eats the DX.

What gaps do I have? What would you change?

Distance Drivers:
DX Destroyer 167
DX Valkyrie 169

Fairway Driver:
Champ TBird 172

Midrange:
DX Roc 168
Glow Roc 165

Putter:
X-Firm Summit 174

Thanks in advance!

mark12b said:
it would be good to add a workable fairway driver to complement the teebird. something like a gazelle or cyclone -- those will fly a lot like the teebird at first but as you learn them and they they break in, they'll be more versatile (meaning that you'll be able to make them turn right somewhere along the flightpath, fly straight with no fade, do flattened hyzers, etc.).
Thanks for the tip. I was meaning to diversify the bag into some other brands as well... so perhaps I'll go looking for a Cyclone (have to do the internet, nowhere local sells anything other than Innova). Any other molds that will compliment the teebird?

not sure about the z-tracker, but here are some helpful threads about this topic. the idea is to complement the tb with something really versatile.

why a gazelle is versatile but a teebird isn't:
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=41789#p41789

fairway drivers ranked according to versatility and other factors:
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=25921#p25921

versatile drivers (note that the "old mold" eagle is back in production):
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1802&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a