• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trying to improve

Dixsus

Hello all, I've been playing for around a year now and I'm ready to start taking the game a little more seriously. I try to putt at least 100 times a day but I'm having trouble working on my form. Sorry about the potato quality / angle. Critique away!

Not really using your hips or weight. Going to be a wild journey.

Right pic/front foot plant - Notice your rear leg is extended straight and flat footed, you have your feet open(turned out for what?), both heels on the ground and knees far apart horse-stanced. Notice all the pros have the rear knee forward with the heel off the ground, feet and knees appear squeezing together(turned in/internal rotation).

Middle pic/power pocket - Notice you are getting ahead/over the top of your front foot, your disc is angled nose up and arm swinging high to low. Notice the pros shoulder and elbow is well behind the front foot and getting ready to swing the arm and disc around level/nose down.

Left pic/finish - Notice your upper body is collapsing well over top your foot, your foot has not pivoted, rear femur facing us(hip not rotated) and rear foot ahead of the rear knee. Notice all the pros upper body are upright braced behind the front foot, foot pivoted, rear thigh facing the target(hip rotated) and rear knee ahead of the foot.

Latest posts