• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tweak for the peak.

mance

Bogey Member
So i've been experimenting with discs in my bag this summer, and a lot has changed.

let me give you some info of my playing style.. I'm left handed, I throw both backhand and forehand on equal distance.

My previous bag was packed for max distance and i kinda forgot about the control aspect.

Old bag:
Rampage (1 OS and 1 Stable in wear) Max Distance = 450ft / 130m. both forehand and backhand.
Cannon (1 Stable and 1 US in wear) Max Distance = 450ft / 130m. only backhand.
Villain
Teebird
XXX
Trident
Pain (1 OS and 1 Stable in wear)
Warship (1 Stable and 1 US in wear)

The problem I had with my drivers that i rarely got out the best of their potential on the course. They are great fun to throw but I rarely had the opportunity to let the discs take out their line to the max. Success on a course to hit a 450-drive was maybe 1-in-10 without going OB, miss mando etc. So I started to size down and this is my new bag.

Wraith (1 slightly OS, 1 stable and 1 working it in to US)
PD2 (1 extremely OS and one slightly OS)
Rival (1 slightly OS and 1 slightly stable that starts to get US)
Suspect (goes dead straight for me)
Verdict (Love this disc and can throw forehand with it even if i get a bad release)
Mace (1 in GL and 1 in Zero Hard) Both New and trying to beat them in.
Warship (1 Stable and 1 US in wear)

I have lost around 30-50 ft in max distance but gained so much in accuracy with the drivers. But i'm trying to figure out if theres something missing or something overlapping. I know that i have some overlapping on my mid's. But i'm still trying to get the feel for the Mace, if it has a spot in the bag. Because at the moment the Verdict and Suspect are so workable, and the warship can get so much distance without loosing the control.

I would love some feedback if, or if you just think that its a good bag so I dont need to worry to much.

im throwing almost the same mids. Its a pretty good set up but it looks like you have some overlap between the mace and the suspect, how do you use those two differently?

I dont... my plan was to have the Mace beat in a bit for those wooded courses where you required an S-curve-shot. I figured the Mace has a strong fade but a bit turn-friendly. So I got one in GL and one in Zero Hard to beat in. But i wasn't expecting the Suspect and Verdict to be so awesome and consistent. at the moment i have no idea what I was thinking.. because I haven't used the Mace for a single shot in 10 rounds maybe :)

But i'm second guessing myself that i'm missing a slot of some sort... and yes. the Mace is probably going out of the bag.

I dont... my plan was to have the Mace beat in a bit for those wooded courses where you required an S-curve-shot. I figured the Mace has a strong fade but a bit turn-friendly. So I got one in GL and one in Zero Hard to beat in. But i wasn't expecting the Suspect and Verdict to be so awesome and consistent. at the moment i have no idea what I was thinking.. because I haven't used the Mace for a single shot in 10 rounds maybe :)

But i'm second guessing myself that i'm missing a slot of some sort... and yes. the Mace is probably going out of the bag.

it can still have a place. i use mine for really long putts/short approaches of 80+ feet. The lack of glide is where the disc can shine in not over shooting a basket, and that little bit of turn can make for some very useful lines.

It did take me a bit to click with though. Play'd a couple 9 hole, one disc rounds and forced myself to use only it for mid duties on a 18 holer. The more i used it the more i liked it.

i'll try to use it a bit on my round i have planned for today. but at the moment the suspect and verdict brings so much love to my game! :)

any thoughts on the rest of my discs? am i filling most slots?

i'll try to use it a bit on my round i have planned for today. but at the moment the suspect and verdict brings so much love to my game! :)

any thoughts on the rest of my discs? am i filling most slots?

Im digging my verdict hardcore as well. To me, you seem set. Looking at your sig you seem to really like the over stable drivers. Villain, XXX, and wraith. From what I've read the villain seems like a good enough wind fighter to not really need the XXX. The trident is the utility, so it seems like the XXX would overlap in both villain and trident.

I'd say an under stable mid would be good, but the beat warship could fit the bill nicely.

Overstable Utility?

Zone,Gator,Whippet,XXX?

my bag is not complete without a couple of these.

edit. if you sig is accurate, then you are good to go. I was basing this off the OP

No my signature is not correct.. I forgot to mention the XXX in my lineup aswell. to clarify. this is my team atm.

wraith
pd2
rival
XXX
suspect
verdict
mace
warship
KC aviar (OS approaches)
S Wizards (for straight or understable approaches)
SSS wizards for putting

I dont use understable discs mainly because i dont trust them and because i dont have a use for them... Im lefty.. so if I need to go left, I just go with forehand.