• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two days left in DC, need 2 courses (played Seneca Creek, Giles, Bluemont, Burke)

Jank

Here's the deal, I'm here in training class for business till Saturday then I go back to Rochester, NY.

I need a gameplan for tomorrow (Thursday) when I get out of class around 4:30 in Arlington, VA and when I get out on Friday at noon.

So, the course on Thurs should be no more than an hr away or so. The place on Fri can be around 2 hrs away.

I've now played since Saturday:
Seneca Creek (Awesome)
Giles (Awesome except for thorns and navigation issues)
Bluemont (Cute)
Burke Lake (Crappy)

Not sure how much time you have, but Patapsco, Hawk Hallow and the Blockhouse are all within range. Maybe the locals can give you some accurate drive times. Traffic there sucks.

What's up with hawk hallow having no directions....that is intriguing...

I just asked this same thing for this past weekend, several people recommended Darnestown. And I agree, Seneca was awesome.

Darnestown is under-rated -- very respectable course.
Patapsco is the best in Maryland.
Loriella is also a terrific course in Virginia.

Hawk Hollow is private course.... a bit of drive from Alexandria. Send Biscoe a message if you're serious about playing. You will need a guide.

Here's the deal, I'm here in training class for business till Saturday then I go back to Rochester, NY.

I need a gameplan for tomorrow (Thursday) when I get out of class around 4:30 in Arlington, VA and when I get out on Friday at noon.

So, the course on Thurs should be no more than an hr away or so. The place on Fri can be around 2 hrs away.

Should be able to squeeze in College Park (MD) on Thursday evening; traffic will be an issue no matter where you go (better than Burke Lake).

Friday, make the 1+ hour drive south to the Blockhouse (2 super courses); traffic shouldn't be a problem (equal or better than Seneca).

Should be able to squeeze in College Park (MD) on Thursday evening; traffic will be an issue no matter where you go (better than Burke Lake).

Friday, make the 1+ hour drive south to the Blockhouse (2 super courses); traffic shouldn't be a problem (equal or better than Seneca).

provided you leave early. traffic on 95 south on a friday afternoon is horrendous.

Guys, I just got permission to play Hawk Hallow from John Bisco, should I play that over Blockhouse on Friday?

Someone above said i would need a guide, there is a map online which looks fairly good. Do I still need a guide?

Also do you guys give John a couple bucks or a bottle of wine for the private course fee?

Last edited:
Play both. Play HH during the day, then head to blockhouse and play sunnyside before dark and tiki in the dark.
I think he likes dogfish ale :)

I wish I had time for both. I don't think I will though with traffic.

Hawk Hallow seems more interesting cause I can get some pictures of the cows on the course. I am guessing it has more scenic views too than blockhouse.

I enjoy photography so I like scenic courses as well.

My opinion is that if the answer isn't Hawk Hollow, you're asking the wrong question.

Blockhouse is fun and amazing and a great place to play- but it isn't HH. What HH lacks in quantity (compared to Blockhouse) it makes up for in amazing quality. The views are spectacular, the golf is incredible, and Biscoe is a great host. If you sweet talk him you may even be able to get a bottle of hot sauce to take with you.

I am very very excited!

bQQzJkd.gif