• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tyyni 2019

Jouni

Birdie Member
(Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with organizers or sponsors of Tyyni)

Tyyni 2019 with numerous side events takes place in Finland June 20-30th.

The MPO field looks strong, with Eagle, Simon, Oakley, and large number of best players from Nordic countries (Seppo and many more) participating. FPO is lacking the top US names as well as Finnish top, so my prediction is that Kristin Tattar will snatch easy win as she has been on an excellent roll lately.

There will be live scoring on Udisc and discgolfmetrix.com, as well as some form of live mobile phone stream , FPO post production coverage and live recap-show featuring Terry Miller.

Really excited to participate for the first time, in MA3 division. All three courses are completely new for me, hopefully I manage to practice the courses a bit before the main event. But in any case it will be fun.

Lots of travel time for a player like Oakley. . first from US to Finland to play the Tyyni. . then back to the US for Great Lakes Open. . and then back to Finland again for the European open just a few weeks later

Why not have the Tyyni and European Open back to back weeks?!

Lots of travel time for a player like Oakley. . first from US to Finland to play the Tyyni. . then back to the US for Great Lakes Open. . and then back to Finland again for the European open just a few weeks later

Why not have the Tyyni and European Open back to back weeks?!

It's easier to tour as a trust fund kid, than it is to rely on actually being good at disc golf and consistently cashing.

Last edited:
I don't expect the Oakleys to actually travel to DGLO, unless they have some magical flight schedule. They have a clinic and doubles event in Oulu on July 3rd.

MPO feature card (McMahon, Lizotte, Oakley, Nissinen) is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bjaFh0vXy4

EDIT: Not really worth watching though, terrible signal.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm looks like the only bigger names are the Pigeon, Simon, Seppo and Choakley? If so...hard pass.

they coverage, when not lagging, was a decent watch. Hard to track the discs in flight, but the commentator was on point. The chat was decent too until it got bogged down by the DD cult guys.

In terms of Europe the field is pretty stacked. Just because you don't know them doesn't mean the level of play is gonna suck.

Choakley is in 4th...it's not that strong of a field. :|

Oakley was playing way better than normally would, I guess playing with other big names gives you a boost even when you're a pro thrower.

If I counted right, there are 12 countries being represented at this tourney, including 9 in FPO. That is awesome to see. :thmbup:

Ford seems to be a pretty big name sponsor for disc golf. I wonder why they haven't gotten roped in back in the States if they are supporting Tyyni

The live coverage made it look like Simon parked #8 for a deuce today but it shows as a 3 on UDisc. I wonder if he nailed an early tree and that park job was actually his second throw?

The live coverage made it look like Simon parked #8 for a deuce today but it shows as a 3 on UDisc. I wonder if he nailed an early tree and that park job was actually his second throw?
The commentator confused Simon with another player (Samuel Hänninen) on that tee shot. Simon's drive ended up into the trees on the right.

Commentator is doing an awesome job. The US commentators should learn a thing or 2 from this dude.