• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UDisc?

Just downloaded it this morning, seems like it will be cool. I am going to try it out tonight and post my thoughts.

I find it incredibly useful, especially in outlining areas. I have not used the other features outside of the map, but I rarely keep track of score on my phone. I am going to more once the snow is gone.

I've been using it a bit for the last month or so. It's a great scorecard app and the shot measurement feature's cool as well, though I only seem to be able to get +/-16ft. as the best accuracy.

The developer is very accessible and is definitely working on making improvements with the app. Worth the $ for me.

By far the best disc app I've found. It has improved quite a bit from my initial download. Very easy to use and definitely worth the money.

I've enjoyed the road trip feature quite a bit, and I've found the GPS to be quite effective. I just hate that it doesn't save scorecard records like Discasaurus does. I don't want to lose records if I lose my phone.

I've used it a lot to use as a back up scorecard during tournament rounds and posting the scorecard to FB. The disc save/distance measure feature is pretty good one.

I still use Discasaurus as my primary score app so I can track all my scores on their website.

Paid and downloaded based on your guys results with it so I better not have to come after someone for my dollar. I can see the find a course being useful. No point whatsoever to the saving discs thing if I can't do it by picture. Hope the throw distance works.

I have been trying this out for the last couple of weeks. I carry my phone on my belt, so this is a really convenient score keeper for me.

To create a score card, you choose 'Close Course'
It will ask you are you at "Brahan Spring Park" (or whatever course you are on)
You can then select the players for the card (adding players is simple)
The hole by hole scoring is easy:
The app assumes a 3 on each hole, and has a +/- feature beside each player
Swipe left/right to advance or go back to a hole.
At the end of the round click done to view final score (you can edit the scores if you discover a discrepancy after checking against other cards)
The app rotates if you turn the phone
The GPS shot tracker is ok, though it isn't always able to accurately pin point my location....even in the middle of a field.

Overall it is definitely worth the two dollar price. I am interested to see how it works when I travel to out of town courses.

I've just started using it -- love it so far, but would love even more to see integration with DGCR (submit scorecards directly to DGCR scorebook).

I use this one and Discasaurus. I really like the course search feature on Udisc. I'm not totally sold on the way the scorecard works. On a couple of occasions when I've forgotten to put in the scores and I've lost track because it defaults to a 3 on every hole. Where as with Discasuarus everything is a 0 until you enter a score. If you get lost you can go back to the last 0 and figured out where you are.

I use this one and Discasaurus. I really like the course search feature on Udisc. I'm not totally sold on the way the scorecard works. On a couple of occasions when I've forgotten to put in the scores and I've lost track because it defaults to a 3 on every hole. Where as with Discasuarus everything is a 0 until you enter a score. If you get lost you can go back to the last 0 and figured out where you are.

Be sure to check out the mobile site if you're searching for courses. Uses your phones GPS to figure out where you are and show you courses (and shops) near your location with pictures, course maps, etc.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile

I really like Udisc. I agree about it defaulting to 3. The good thing about this app is that if we write to the creator and let him know about it, he will probably fix it in the next update. He has continued to improve this app with every new upgrade. I love that you can measure your shot distance with it, as well as all of the graphs. They are kind of cool to look at. I had discasaurus until I got Udisc, now Im using it exclusively.
:thmbup:

Be sure to check out the mobile site if you're searching for courses. Uses your phones GPS to figure out where you are and show you courses (and shops) near your location with pictures, course maps, etc.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile

I love the mobile site, Timg. I use it even when I'm not looking for a course. Nice to see what's around when the wife and kids drag me places and I'd rather be playing.

I've been using it for a couple of months now, and agree with reed2020. The last update contained every change I emailed him about. Undoubtedly i was not the only one to request the features. I bet he will change the default score to zero if we ask. So far the default score is the only thing I don't like. I am very pleased with the app as a whole.

Latest posts