• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Understable Fairway - Reliable Turn w/out Burn

IMO the JLS starts out straight with a touch of fade, not understable. Threw S's and Q's for a while, maybe M's start out with turn but those never did for me.

the M's also do not turn really. You have to force it. Great fairway disc though, kinda sad I sold mine.

As a beginner I got really weak arms. I'm throwing my 150g dx Leopard about 250ft, it turns, then goes straight for a short while before it fades out left. I also got a 171g champ Valkyrie which just fades right away, even when I throw it on an anhyzer it instantly flips to fade before it crashes hard. I'm unable to get decent distance for it. I basically only use it for hard left hyzer get-out-of-trouble shots.

I'm thinking about getting a Latitude Diamond ~160g or perhaps a Prodigy F7 around 160g as well. Would those discs add more distance for me than the Leopard? What about flight pattern, would they fly similar, more understable, or perhaps even more overstable than the dx Leopard? Does anybody with weak armspeed have experience throwing these discs?

My advice would be to keep working on your form using the 150g leopard. None of those other discs will go further for you. Arm strength is mostly irrelevant in disc golf, IMO. Grip positioning, arm speed, hip strength and timing on the other hand....

I really enjoyed a fuzion plastic witness I had and lost, Haven't been able to get a lucid one as understable quite yet, my lucid witness sometimes doesn't flip for me and ends up in the woods. It's an operator's error I'm sure

....it sounds like the Archer not the Arrow

Exactly. Nose angles, release heights, different degrees of anhyzer all need to be experimented with to determine what works for you with your mechanics.

IMO these threads are mostly useless.

I just started using a DD lucid Witness. Out of the box the thing turns over. Would be a great disc for lower arm speeds or big arms that want booming hyper flip action.

For me its my 168 Pro Leo released with the slightest hyzer angle. If its a tight fairway through the woods with a high ceiling ill go over hand with my grippy champ Eagle. Predictable flight every time and a final long slide or skip forward on the flight plate.

IMO, comments like these are mostly useless. Snarky little blurbs to make the op feel stupid for asking a perfectly good question.

Not trying to be snarky or troll. But the OP said themselves that they don't want help with technique. Really what they are looking for is a finness shot with the right disc that works for them, with all the variables tuned appropriately for their particular throwing style. It takes practice, not dozens of people recommending different molds. Even if they do go for a Pro Leopard or whatever people suggest, they'll still have to work out the technique issues with practice.