• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Underworld

jenb

* Ace Member *
I couldn't find a thread on this disc, so I thought I'd start one.

I tried it today and it's pretty interesting. It flips up flat for me out of the box in 175 and flies farther than a leopard or valkyrie on a fairly low line. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. It's hard for me to believe it is on the chart next to a polaris ls. It seems to have glide like I've never seen before.

Welcome to the world of glide aka Europlastic. You should try a Warship.

Err, if you couldn't find a thread on this, I think you must have misspelled the word when you searched it.

When I threw the Underworld it was probably the flippiest thing I've ever thrown. Released it knife hyzer like 75% and it still flipped into a roller. And because of the dome it still wasn't that great for a roller lol it's a shame too, I really wanted to like that disc because the stamp is so bada$$. Oh well, my patriots are still very safe in the bag.

I couldn't find a thread on this disc, so I thought I'd start one.

I tried it today and it's pretty interesting. It flips up flat for me out of the box in 175 and flies farther than a leopard or valkyrie on a fairly low line. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. It's hard for me to believe it is on the chart next to a polaris ls. It seems to have glide like I've never seen before.

Are you serious? Search *Underworld*:doh:

When I threw the Underworld it was probably the flippiest thing I've ever thrown. Released it knife hyzer like 75% and it still flipped into a roller. And because of the dome it still wasn't that great for a roller lol it's a shame too, I really wanted to like that disc because the stamp is so bada$$. Oh well, my patriots are still very safe in the bag.

I don't want to discredit your form nor do I know how much power you have. The disc is very usable and I have one in my back.

You try it and tell me you find that thread linked above in the first three pages.

Jeez!

Step 1: Click "Search" in the bar under your username

Step 2: Click "Advanced Search"

Step 3: Type "Underworld" in the search box

Step 4: Select "Search Titles Only"

Step 5: Click "Search Now"

Step 6: Sit back and revel in the awesomeness that is the Advanced Search feature.....

.....oh and find the thread your were looking for 4th from the top!:\

For new forum members, threads popping up like this are invaluable. It gives me a chance to look at/discover discs that have begun to pale from the main forum pages.

Sorry that sometimes the threads are repeats, but that's what happens when you play a rapidly growing sport, and I, personally, think they are a good thing.

For new forum members, threads popping up like this are invaluable. It gives me a chance to look at/discover discs that have begun to pale from the main forum pages.

Sorry that sometimes the threads are repeats, but that's what happens when you play a rapidly growing sport, and I, personally, think they are a good thing.

You might think that now, but in a couple of months, I think you'll change your tune.

I also really enjoy repeat threads and it confuses me why people would rather have a big dull archive of 1 off threads for each disc.

You might think that now, but in a couple of months, I think you'll change your tune.

You are probably right, but in a few months I will be so hooked that the young pups won't care about my sanity, and they will flit about happily discussing disc golf even as I clench my fist and wail. I, however, will try to remember my own words and see that, for them, me being nice and giving or guiding them to good information will mean the world to them like it does to me now.

I just wanted to point out that most of the threads I find exciting, people jump in to yell about how it is a repeat. For as accepting a sport as disc golf is in person, the online world can sometimes be the opposite.

I don't want to discredit your form nor do I know how much power you have. The disc is very usable and I have one in my back.

I can throw my Comet about 320' dead straight and everyone says that is the disc that shows true form :) lol. Threw one with a massive tailwind and actually got one out to 370' (wish I could do that every time)

The underworld just wasn't the disc for me. I'm sure I could've made it work for sharp right turns and what not, but that is a specialty shot that I do not face often enough to warrant having one in the bag. I prefer my patriot because it can hold those lines and be smoother on hyzer flip lines. It could also be that I just got one that was unusually flippy.

Latest posts