• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

Another Shift question:

How is the padding on the bottom part of the bag that rests against your lower back? That part on my Grip is actually sharp and uncomfortable. The padding at the bottom part doesn't touch my back, just the sharp edge underneath the padding.

FWIW that is what i love about the rebel and imagine the shift is just as comfy. Had a few bags which tend to "dig in" the back like you mention.

^ wallet yes large phone no where close. my iPhone 6 plus wishes it would fit.

This is my experience as well. I have a Droid Maxx 2 and it won't quite fit. Lately I have been putting it in the mini pocket during rounds, since I like to carry my mini in my back pocket.

Re. the padding at the bottom: on the Rebel, I occasionally noticed the padding in contact with the bottom of my back, although it was never really uncomfortable. On the Shift I don't even notice it. And there is nothing sharp on either bag.

saw a ranger in the wild today and the kid was nice enough to let me have a gander. holy cow that is a stellar bag and id say surpasses all others on the market. he had everything but the kitchen sink in there with roughly 25 discs. i was on the fence about upgrading but after seeing his i know it'll be my next bag and probably my last. Great job upper park!!!

Another Shift question:

How is the padding on the bottom part of the bag that rests against your lower back? That part on my Grip is actually sharp and uncomfortable. The padding at the bottom part doesn't touch my back, just the sharp edge underneath the padding.

Padding that sits in the small of my back is about an inch thick and the bottom is blunt. I've never had any issue with feeling the bottom of the bag touching me in any unfriendly fashion.

Of of my primary reasons for choosing the Shift is the lower back padding.

All the other "Boxy" bags tend to ride on my lower back with a sharp crease that jabs me repeatedly while I walk.

The Shift curves with you and has amazing padding - there is no bumping, riding, or jabbing whatsoever.

I saw a preview of a Rebel with a seat. Did that ever become a thing? I don't have any real reason to upgrade from my Shift, but that would be one thing that could tempt me to do it.

I saw a preview of a Rebel with a seat. Did that ever become a thing? I don't have any real reason to upgrade from my Shift, but that would be one thing that could tempt me to do it.

Checking in! And always listening. Full honesty, the seat was expensive. Expensive to design, to test, and even more so to manufacture. It's still on the table but it's going to be a while before I have the time/money to make it a reality. Had I had the resources, we would have crushed the design and concept.

I will tell you that we will be releasing a slightly updated version of the Rebel at the end of the year with expanded side pockets and two new color schemes. Plus for the first time in our company history we will have an all black backpack. Pumping the breaks on the grey for the two new colors. They look sweet! :clap:

Not to go into much more detail, but right now we're just trying to continue growing our name. Every day I hear people say, "What bag is that?" "Who is Upper Park?" And that's tough to hear. I'd put my bags head to head with any other bags on the market (especially with the new expanded pockets on the v4 Rebel) but if I'm still not a common name throughout the industry then I'm going to keep losing to the bigger guys. And I don't like losing to the big guys.

Hope that answers something. I'm here if you have any other questions!

-Jon

Seat seems to be cost prohibited for the time. Which is a bummer, but I can live with me quad-leg stool on a carabiner clipped to my Shift.

Ah, I missed that post. Thanks. I guess that will save me some money anyway. I have a fade crunchbox with the Innova quad strap stool, so I take that out for longer rounds right now. I'm only sacrificing 2-4 backup discs and some carrying comfort to do that. The one drawback of my shift is no good place to strap my tripod stool.

I have a velcro cablewrap that I stick around the legs of my stool then clip it onto the top of my Shift for longer days. It clangs around a little bit when not in use, but it's not bad and sure beats carrying it in my off-hand.

I might try something like that. I have so many other things clipped on though sunglasses case, towels, golden retriever and sometimes an extra water bottle.