• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Val drops Innova?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 I'm pretty sure no where in the contracts does it say we can't talk about our contracts.

#2 I'd argue the fact you were promoted just as much if not more when you joined the Innova Celebrity Team than most of the other women. It didn't seem like an issue then because you were making "the needle" move.

#3 I respect Val's move and if she feels that is right then good for her. I do wish the women's field was as big as the Open division but unfortunately its not.

1: I have heard many Innova heads say the phrase "Please refrain from discussing the details of your team contract."
2: I'm not talking about myself, I'm talking about Valarie's position in this situation.
3: I agree.

Idk the current Tennis rankings since i don't follow closely but when Novak Djokovic was #1 he was the BEST tennis player in the World. Serena is the BEST female tennis player.

Assuming that the number of spectators and level of interest is the same, do you believe that the best man and best woman in the world for a particular sport should be paid differently if the man can beat the woman at that sport?

Cool.... the pros are chiming in, it's just not the geeks like me!

So where have you all been when were in heated battles over everything else..Har. har..

No, in all seriousness good to see some diversity on dgcr.

Last edited:
from my knowledge Val and Nate get the exact same contract.... so in my eyes Val gets more than Nate since her making Top 5 in all events is more likely.

Both have a tour series discs as well. Nate's firebird out sell's my discs at times.

This. She sounds like she's not really being a team player. And all these "honors" or accolades she is saying everyone would've received..... What are they? Why can't she name something someone else has received that is so great that has accomplished less than her?

No where in our contracts does it say World Champions get signature discs. At least the one of mine i just looked at, I'm sure others can attest to that as well.

Agreed. I looked at the last couple of years.

I know this is a thread about Val, but this is nothing new. Des Reading won three World's throwing Innova before Val. What signature disc did she get? None. Her husband got a signature disc for winning putting contests. Fair? Probably not. Fair and business rarely meet.

Assuming that the number of spectators and level of interest is the same, do you believe that the best man and best woman in the world for a particular sport should be paid differently if the man can beat the woman at that sport?

Here is a question for you or everyone.

Sports are entertainment, people pay to play or watch. There is typically a $ to that enjoyment. If 1,000 fans bought a Val Disc and 10,000 fans bought a Finny disc, who has the higher $ value to a company?

We all know the answer but your responses contridict this.

If women get the crowds and sales close to the same number as the other sponsored athletes then yes I 100% agree they should get paid close to if not equal.

This isn't about men vs women or descrimination. Its about who makes the most money for their respected company. Who is bringing the most income to the company? I would honestly say someone like Dustin Keegan brings in more money than a Val does, yet Val arguably works harder at the sport and had more tourny success in her division. Dustin is going to draw more 'guys' to buy more discs through recommendation/performance then Val is going to bring in from both guys AND girls via recommendation/performance. I cant prove that notion, but I think its true. If that stands to be true, women don't 'deserve' anything more in terms of monetary compensation.

When I interviewed for all my previous jobs I always told the company what I could give them, not asked what they could give me. That almost always landed me the job, because they knew I was serious about producing capital for their company, which would in turn make me more valuable than the next guy.

I got a lot of thoughts about this post.

1. No one besides McBeth (or Climo back in the day) is bringing in any real money, so that's not an issue.

2. Dustin Keegan is really good at disc golf. But he's a chump relative to Val. Yeah, he'd beat her, but who cares. Do we care if Conor McGregor could beat Amanda Nunes?

3. I disagree that Dustin can generate more sales than Val. Why do I care what he throws? Her arm speed is closer to mine and she wins.

4. If dudes would rather buy Keegan plastic than Val plastic, it just illustrates how different dumb dudes can be.

5. You want to tell a company what you'll do for them. You know what Val's done? WIN WORLDS FOUR TIMES. That's literally what Innova wanted her to do.

Do you belive a doctor and someone working a cash register at McDonalds should be paid the same amount assuming they serve the same amount of people and the people have the same interest in who they are seeing? Lol

I know this is a thread about Val, but this is nothing new. Des Reading won three World's throwing Innova before Val. What signature disc did she get? None. Her husband got a signature disc for winning putting contests. Fair? Probably not. Fair and business rarely meet.

Dang that's a good point. So good I don't even like it. Stupid point.

Not comparing men to women with this question, but hoping you'll know the answer: At what point did Juliana Korver start receiving signature discs? I know it was before four, but I am not sure if it was right after the first one. Little help?

Here is a question for you or everyone.

Sports are entertainment, people pay to play or watch. There is typically a $ to that enjoyment. If 1,000 fans bought a Val Disc and 10,000 fans bought a Finny disc, who has the higher $ value to a company?

We all know the answer but your responses contridict this.

If women get the crowds and sales close to the same number as the other sponsored athletes then yes I 100% agree they should get paid close to if not equal.

If Innova had given Val a signature Tern, I don't think those sales would lag behind sales of Sexton Firebirds. But again, any Innova sales numbers are greatly appreciated.

My argument is premised on the fact that crowds and sales numbers are so relatively low in disc golf that it wouldn't cost Innova much to support Val at a higher level than Nate. And I think you can tell from this forum that her leaving Innova is not a good look for the company. I've never heard a bad word about her.

How about a direct question: Do you think, based on Val's accomplishments, that she should have been the second-best supported player at Innova?

Not comparing men to women with this question, but hoping you'll know the answer: At what point did Juliana Korver start receiving signature discs? I know it was before four, but I am not sure if it was right after the first one. Little help?
Juliana (and I could be wrong) to the best of my recollection got signature discs when she moved from Discraft to Innova. I think she won the first three titles as a Discraft player.

If Innova had given Val a signature Tern, I don't think those sales would lag behind sales of Sexton Firebirds. But again, any Innova sales numbers are greatly appreciated.

My argument is premised on the fact that crowds and sales numbers are so relatively low in disc golf that it wouldn't cost Innova much to support Val at a higher level than Nate. And I think you can tell from this forum that her leaving Innova is not a good look for the company. I've never heard a bad word about her.

How about a direct question: Do you think, based on Val's accomplishments, that she should have been the second-best supported player at Innova?

She absolutely should have been...I don't think there's any argument to the contrary. This is a terrible look for innova. Where are young female golfers going to turn to now for a disc that one of their heros throws? My guess would be Paige Pierce and her new convict.

No. Climo and McBeth 1 and 2.

I agree

All I gotta say is one of best pros (if not the best pro ever) to ever play disc golf started posting on DGCR again. Please let's not piss him off/scare him away. Big Jerm said in a CCDG video (posted in the last 24 hours) that disc golf pros should avoid DGCR...

Status
Not open for further replies.