• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Very humbling

Don't sweat your distance 3 weeks in. Just keep learning and making small improvements. And putt, putt, putt. You can make up for a lot of problems with a few nice, long putts. And as was stated before, learn to control your discs and make accurate approach shots. I play in the 250 range a lot, and probably max out at 300'. I can play decent when I am putting well.

You'll get there. Sounds like you have the right attitude. Keep at it, and like some others have suggested, try to hook up with some locals that can give you some pointers. See if there's a local club that might have noob-friendly doubles on a weekly basis you can get in on. Look for a kiosk on one of your local courses that might post info on such things. Just keep playing. It's the very rare player that can throw over 300 right out of the box. Some never do. But you don't have to to still play well, and to have fun! Good luck to you. I've got a feeling we'll be hearing from you as your game improves.

Nevermind... thought chain-addicted was talking about Renny Gold instead of Winthrop Gold for some reason.

Last edited: