• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... the Ibex is holding up to wear and tear as all other "medium" x-link discs do? I tore up my star Roc in the Big Spring rocks last week. A huge gouge. If the Ibex is even "pretty good" in flight and tough as the rest of the Vibram discs, then I want one.

The reviews on both discs make me want 'em.

Aaron Ala and I threw the Ibex back and forth and it is a tad more stable than the early protos and, with the one exception noted above, they take a good amount of power and seem to hold any line. We were throwing it against an MRV and it was flying farther and straighter. It was really fun plunking the three Ibexes within 15 feet of each other, all about 15 feet farther than the MRV. :-D It really does keep flying (aka glide) well. I continue to be impressed.

Got a couple of medium ridges in today and they feel great! Not slick like the firm. Now that I know what stiffness I like, it's time to try others :)

@ Steve
When the sole and ibex release will they be medium X-link or firm?

Got a couple of medium ridges in today and they feel great! Not slick like the firm. Now that I know what stiffness I like, it's time to try others :)

@ Steve

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/ibex.html

Available in both X-Link and X-Link Firm, our rubber based material providing optimal grip & durability.

Thats the Ibex pagde but says the same on the Sole page.

On an unrelated note, I hit my first ever ace with my Ridge yesterday. It's about time! :D

Congrats. Still searching for mine but I really am liking the low profile of the Summit and I seem to be able to FH it fairly well by my standards so it gives me another tool at one of those short holes at least.

I have to say that after extensive field testing in the last couple of days (400 throws or so) the Sole is awesome. If I hadn't made a pledge to stick with the set of molds that I am throwing currently I am sure I would do my normal Vibram OCD thing and get 40 Soles.

This is going to be their most popular disc I think, my prediction anyway.

@ Steve

First runs are always (except for the Ridge, I think), in X-Link. Once we get caught up with the initial rush, we then start making the X-Link Firms. For example, I am releasing the Trak in Firm to stores this week.

I have to say that after extensive field testing in the last couple of days (400 throws or so) the Sole is awesome. If I hadn't made a pledge to stick with the set of molds that I am throwing currently I am sure I would do my normal Vibram OCD thing and get 40 Soles.

This is going to be their most popular disc I think, my prediction anyway.

Most popular Vibram disc in 2012: Ibex is my bet.
Note: this prediction does not include the discs that we expect to release in 2012.

Hey Steve where can I get one of those vibram hats as seen in the video?

Vibram DG apparel can only be purchased from team players. You can view our team players on the Team tab of http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/

I've had many people and some stores ask about the apparel. I really like that we are able to help support the team by giving them an exclusive on stuff like this. Best of luck finding some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts