• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we still guessing names for the Distance driver? I like the Piton. It sounds like it should be driven with power and confidence.

Just got an email from Mr. Dodge about the "long range plans" that Vibram is working on! The long range driver is going out to the testers at the end of September. SO excited!
1347996002.jpg

How do I become a Vibram tester? Pray to the Italian Gods? I'm not very good, so I'd be the perfect tester considering how often I bang plastic off nearby trees...jus' sayin'

@Dana,

You're a tester for Vibram?? Well the email said towards the end of the month the testers would be getting them so maybe next week? You'll have to let us know what you think of them!

Just looked back over the progression of the Obex. It looks like it took about 2-3 months from the time the testers got some of theirs, to the time the Obex was released to the public. Can we expect the same thing with this distance driver? If so, I know what I'll be getting for Christmas.

@dgBud,

I'm hoping maybe in November but yes I suppose December is more realistic. Bummer :/ I'm in Wisconsin/Minnesota....ugh.

I LOVE my soft Vibrams! I have a soft Trak (flies laser-straight) and a Soft Ridge (best putter in the history of putters). Could a soft distance driver be in the works? Lord I hope so...

@Dana,

You're a tester for Vibram?? Well the email said towards the end of the month the testers would be getting them so maybe next week? You'll have to let us know what you think of them!
You could call me a pre tester tester of sorts :)

Just read that the X-link softs are being sent out this week.

Haven't given these a try. Would it be worth picking one up?

I use a soft Ibex in the woods and a soft Sole for risky approach shots. I am going to stock up on both of those with this new release of softs.

Just read that the X-link softs are being sent out this week.

Haven't given these a try. Would it be worth picking one up?

No. Not until I get all the ones I need. :D

I hope a soft Obex is coming out.

Softs are available in all models. We are taking orders from retailers thru the end of September. Talk to your local store and make sure they are getting the models you want in soft.

No promises on the release date of the driver, but I threw mine early this week and they added 100' to my distance over the Trak and Ascent, which I throw about 300'. Just sayin ...

Softs are available in all models. We are taking orders from retailers thru the end of September. Talk to your local store and make sure they are getting the models you want in soft.

No promises on the release date of the driver, but I threw mine early this week and they added 100' to my distance over the Trak and Ascent, which I throw about 300'. Just sayin ...
Was just wondering when this years would be available...

Thats a long way over your fairways. I have a trak and ascent. I dont throw anything 100 feet farther than them. Super excited for the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.