• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VictorB bag for 2020

Some slight adjustments to the lineup:

Pipeline is in for the stable fairway
Raptors still in for overstable

Not sure exactly which discs will be in there - but fairly sure this will be in the bag for the next month or so.

Some slight adjustments to the lineup:

Pipeline is in for the stable fairway
Raptors still in for overstable

Not sure exactly which discs will be in there - but fairly sure this will be in the bag for the next month or so.

Did the pipeline take the place of the undertakers? If so how come?

Yeah, and if so, change it back!

;)

I auditioned the pipeline a while back. I feel the flight is ok, but the hand feel is not near as nice as the Undertaker, IMHO. I could see them filling the same role though!

Did the pipeline take the place of the undertakers? If so how come?

Just for the time being.

I feel like I can span the stability range for my fairways better with a combination of Raptors and Pipelines, as opposed to a predator and 2 undertakers.

Raptor V Pred?

Super similar in terms of stability from the limited experience I have. I really only ever use Z Predators. For Raptors, the flat BigZ seems very comparable. Uli Tour series are a little more domey and straighter (probably like FB/Sexton FB comparison), really similar to my beat Z Preds. I have a FR Z and ESP at home that I haven't thrown yet.

Here's the lineup I'm using right now. I'd say that I have a better balance of stability across the lineup. I'm throwing no forehands outside of when there's literally no other shot, so the lineup has slightly been adjusted for that.

Distance drivers - No changes here
174 SP FLX Hurricane, newish: Pretty overstable, mainly used for long hyzers and some headwind shots
171 PL Hurricane, worn: mid stability driver, tight S turns and hyzer flips
171 SP FLX Hurricane, worn: worn into a nice tailwind/turnover driver

Fairway drivers- Lots of mold turnover here
174 FR Z Raptor, new - flat and nicely overstable, but actually throwable, unlike the bigZ
171 Uli Raptor, new - straighter overall vs the FR Z. Still nice and stable but more workable
174 Tour Series Pipeline, newish - nice stable, controllable fairway
174 SP Pipeline, newish - slightly domey, slightly undertsable
176 PL Squall, newish - flat and flies like a faster comet - will drift through a turn or hold a hyzer flip very well

Midranges
176 Shastashock, slightly worn - stable mid, basically a worn JB wasp - straight with slight finish
177 MJ Z Comet (2020), new - domey and very stable.
176 MJ ESP Comet (2018), worn - all the lines. this is the go-to disc in my bag, it's knocked off a bit of stability but still can hyzer flip out well past 300' without turning too much.
177 X Comet, worn - rotated in a different oldboi. my orange one has finally lost that 'gliding' part of the turnover.

Putters
174 VIP Harp, new - utility throwing putter.
174 D-Line Steady, worn: drives and approaches, worn to be straight or hold turns on longer shots
174 Matt Bell Rubber Blend Steady (x2): putting putters, best feeling plastic out there to me

A Discraft guy using a Harp instead of a Zone?

Well I put the Harp in the bag because the zone and drone were overlapping. Since I'm not throwing forehands, I don't really need either of those, and the Harp actually flies a little better backhand for me.

So I'm finding pipelines to be very shape dependent - some are quite stable but some are too understable even for the turnover fairway slot for my taste. I'll just go back to the undertaker, so much familiarity with that mold and I can actually look at them locally to get the shape/PLH that I want.

The Raptor may have found itself a permanent slot in the bag. The FR Z I've been throwing lately slots right in next to the Uli Raptor on the more overstable side.

Minor changes to the lineup. Using my flippier pipeline(s) next to undertakers, which are next to the raptor. Breaker back in the bag over the harp - flight is similar and I like the shallower feel of the breaker better. Will need to look for a more overstable version than my SP Breakers eventually

So I think the Steady experiment is over. I didn't want to change back and forth a lot, and wanted to give them a great shot to be 'the disc' for putters. I found a couple tasty challengers last week and put them back in the bag, and it's like some kind of magic trick how straight they are and how much glide they have in comparison to the steady. I'll be looking to wholesale my stock of steadys soon (I could use the extra cash because I'll be moving in November)

Stalkers are also making an appearance back in the bag. Likely won't stay for long, just a change of pace since I have been throwing undertakers so poorly lately (and tournament play is not in the question for at least the rest of the year)

Distance drivers - No changes here
174 SP FLX Hurricane, newish: Pretty overstable, mainly used for long hyzers and some headwind shots
171 PL Hurricane, worn: mid stability driver, tight S turns and hyzer flips
171 SP FLX Hurricane, worn: worn into a nice tailwind/turnover driver

Fairway drivers- Stalkers are in right now for undertakers but won't list since they are likely not a long term solution.
171 Uli Raptor, new - overstable duties, FH/BH
175 Gannon TS Z Undertaker, newish - workhorse stable driver
168 Z Undertaker, worn - hyzer flips and long turning drives
174 SP Pipeline, slight wear - pretty flippy pipeline, steep hyzer flips and turnovers only
176 PL Squall, newish - flat and flies like a faster comet - will drift through a turn or hold a hyzer flip very well

Midranges - no changes, boring lineup?
176 Shastashock, slightly worn - stable mid, basically a worn JB wasp - straight with slight finish
177 MJ Z Comet (2020), new - domey and very stable.
176 MJ ESP Comet (2018), worn - all the lines. this is the go-to disc in my bag, it's knocked off a bit of stability but still can hyzer flip out well past 300' without turning too much.
177 X Comet, worn - rotated in a different oldboi. my orange one has finally lost that 'gliding' part of the turnover.

Putters
174 SP Breaker, newish - forehand is coming back so these are getting a lot of work. Leaning on this more backhand as well.
174 Z FLX Challenger, new - stable, straight putter drives that need a tick of finish
172 D Challenger, worn - still has a little stability but will basically hold any lower speed line I ask of it.
174 UV Glow/D Challenger - putting only.

My tinkering nature is getting the best of me again...I think I'm swapping back to the Wizard. Maybe. Definitely maybe. I don't think the pipeline is going to stick in the bag. I just can't get the feel of the turn of that disc. Will almost definitely run the undertaker + squall for most fairway duties that aren't overstable.

I'm glad I never caught the putter bug. I pretty much have only ever gone Reef -> Mercy -> PA3 and been pretty happy the whole time. Accumulating practice putters is a pain.

I'm glad I never caught the putter bug. I pretty much have only ever gone Reef -> Mercy -> PA3 and been pretty happy the whole time. Accumulating practice putters is a pain.

For me it's likely just a lack of practice, and the fact that I can just loose a feel for a putter randomly. The two are very likely related. Unfortunately I don't get to practice nearly as much as I used to, too many other higher priority commitments