• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Viking lovin' who doesn't want some?

DiscGolfDan1

Bogey Member
So personally I freaking love Viking why do I never hear anyone talking about them?

Is there some code saying that you have to hate Viking? I haven't seen anyone ever throw them but my brother?

Where can I find a champ pro or star Viking? I've never seen them in shops or at sheels.

I've never thrown one, but judging by how people talk about them on here - They sound like a great disc that is just the victim of being a disc that is easily overlapped by others.

Never heard anyone say they hated them, and people seem to like the Discmania CD, which apparently is like a Viking but with more glide. Hard to say why it isn't talked about.

I wouldn't have thought champ Vikings would be that hard to find, there are even some up on discmania.fi, which isn't known as a great place to get rare discs...

Oh look, DGV has them.

I like the good vikings. Maybe in 5 years all the bad ones will be gone. Maybe? Hopefully? Edit: BTW My local store just got some new run Champion vikings in. I might have to pick them up.

riverboy said:
I like the good vikings. Maybe in 5 years all the bad ones will be gone. Maybe? Hopefully?
Oh yeah, there was the whole mess with a lot of miss stamped Vikings, that might be worth noting.

jubuttib said:
riverboy said:
I like the good vikings. Maybe in 5 years all the bad ones will be gone. Maybe? Hopefully?
Oh yeah, there was the whole mess with a lot of miss stamped Vikings, that might be worth noting.
That too, but I mean the broken mold piece they didn't notice. The broken, or "bad vikings" are glideless overstable pieces of shit. A smear on the viking. There are still a bunch floating around I'm sure.

riverboy said:
jubuttib said:
riverboy said:
That too, but I mean the broken mold piece they didn't notice. The broken, or "bad vikings" are glideless overstable pieces of shit. A smear on the viking. There are still a bunch floating around I'm sure.
Reasons the Viking isn't a particularly liked disc are piling up... =)

jubuttib said:
riverboy said:
jubuttib said:
riverboy said:

How can I tell if I have a crap one? I have two they seem ok.

DiscGolfDan said:
jubuttib said:
riverboy said:
jubuttib said:
riverboy said:

I don't remember an easy way, as I think it was a core piece. If you can tell newer champion plastic from old you shouldn't have much trouble. Older is bad.(For once.)

As far as we know he might have "bad" Vikings already, miss-stamped ones that is. Can't remember what those were actually, Valkyries or something like that?

jubuttib said:
As far as we know he might have "bad" Vikings already, miss-stamped ones that is. Can't remember what those were actually, Valkyries or something like that?
Yes, they were valkyries. Much easier to tell those apart though.

I like the champ viking, never thrown any other. It is just one of those discs that does alot well but nothing great.

Yeah, I really like my Champ Viking but as JSW said, it tends to get overlapped by lots of others.

riverboy said:
DiscGolfDan said:
jubuttib said:
riverboy said:
jubuttib said:
riverboy said:

I don't remember an easy way, as I think it was a core piece. If you can tell newer champion plastic from old you shouldn't have much trouble. Older is bad.(For once.)

The ones I have are dx. Is it possible I have fallen in love with a valk?

DiscGolfDan said:
The ones I have are dx. Is it possible I have fallen in love with a valk?

DX Valks have a rather sharp nose, the Viking is blunt enough that even without seeing a Valk I still wouldn't have called it sharp.

Latest posts