• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VIRGINIA Disc Golf EVENTS

Frank Gonzalez? I called him son and he called me dad. The last time I saw him was in the lobby at my office. He was hired as head of safety for CSE. I hope he and Soda Pop and Cherry Fizz are doing well.

I see Frank every once in a while around town, he has gotten himself in pretty good shape. Soda and Fizz are good, his wife has to be a saint.

This is Vinces cat to let out of the bag but Im sure on the first date.

Opening Brawl
Dec 8th Kiwanis Kourse at Montgomery Hall Park Staunton

Other dates to be confirmed by Brawl TD
12/15
12/29
1/12
1/19
1/26
2/9
2/23

This is Vinces cat to let out of the bag but Im sure on the first date.

Opening Brawl
Dec 8th Kiwanis Kourse at Montgomery Hall Park Staunton

Other dates to be confirmed by Brawl TD
12/15
12/29
1/12
1/19
1/26
2/9
2/23

A new BRAWL wrinkle, I used to live in Staunton and the course looks nice from pics.

Redneck was a cute little piece of property. Is the owner keeping it up? I haven't been back in a while.

He sure is. I ended up there a couple times this year...once this Summer and once just a couple weekends ago. The last time I was the grass was a bit long on a couple holes, but there were fairways mowed into it so they were totally playable... #6 & 7 specifically. If he'd replace that big gravel in the tees with some crusher run it would be nice.

Here is the flyer for the 2012-2013 BRAWL series for those who didn't get the email.

Blue Ridge Area Winter League IX
Are you ready to BRAWL? The ninth annual Blue Ridge Area Winter League kicks off at Montgomery Hall Park in Staunton on December 8, 2012. The league will consist of eight disc golf tournaments from December 8, 2012 through February 23, 2013. BRAWL IX will showcase the courses of western Virginia including Randolph Park in Dublin, Walnut Creek Park in Charlottesville, Elk Creek in Appomattox, Falling Creek Park in Bedford, the YMCA course in Bedford, Sontag in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Hall Park in Staunton, Big Branch and Timber Ridge, which are private, temporary courses near Bedford. The awards ceremony will be after the finish of the final tournament at Timber Ridge. Check out FarmDiscGolf.net for more information or directions, or e-mail [email protected]. Please check the website for information on cancellations due to bad weather.
Each tournament is two rounds. Registration is from 8-9am, followed by a players' meeting, and tee off at 9:30 sharp. Entry fee for the Open division is $20, all other divisions are $10. Please pack your lunch—the second round will start 45 minutes after the last card is in!
BRAWL IX is a points series with a simple format. Four divisions will be offered (Open, Ladies, Am and Jr). A player receives one point for entering, one point for each person beaten within your division and bonus points for the top 5 finishers (7-1st, 4-2nd, 3-3rd-2-4th,1-5th.) Only a player's best six finishes may be used in the final results.
Innova is sponsoring the BRAWL again this year! A portion of the entry fee at each one-day tournament will be withheld from each division. This money goes toward a perpetual trophy for the overall division winners, prizes for the top four Ams, prizes for the top lady, and a 'Skins Match' for the top four Open point leaders to be held at the awards ceremony. Ace Pool and a CTP will be included in every entry. The overall Am champion will win an Innova basket again this year!

8-Dec Montgomery Hall Park, Staunton
15-Dec Big Branch, Bedford
29-Dec Falling Creek/YMCA, Bedford
12-Jan Sontag, Rocky Mount
19-Jan Elk Creek, Appomattox
26-Jan Walnut Creek Park, Charlottesville
9-Feb Randolph Park, Dublin
23-Feb Timber Ridge/Finals, Bedford

FarmDiscGolf.net
Home of the BRAWL

Well I was hoping to make an event when I was in for Christmas but it looks like I will just miss them on both sides. That being said I am on a mission, as best I can while still accomodating a considerable ampount of family time, to play the best disc golf around where I grew up in Lynchburg. Any guides/companions would be helpful as I imagine I will be spending some time in the woods finding my way.

Well I was hoping to make an event when I was in for Christmas but it looks like I will just miss them on both sides. That being said I am on a mission, as best I can while still accomodating a considerable ampount of family time, to play the best disc golf around where I grew up in Lynchburg. Any guides/companions would be helpful as I imagine I will be spending some time in the woods finding my way.

Give me a shout, I can probably meet you for a round at Elk Creek in Appomatox and maybe a round in the burg.... Will have to see if they have redone Liberty by then. They had to pull like 4 holes to make a massive parking lot. There's always a quick round at Peaks View.....PM me when you are coming I will shoot you my #.......jerry

Sunny high's in the 60's

When: the weatherman says this Saturday
@ the Brawl Staunton.

2 rounds ..Am and Pro
food available at lunch.. grilled and sold by local Scouts

TD central is outside the "White House" 8 am

Sunny high's in the 60's

When: the weatherman says this Saturday
@ the Brawl Staunton.

2 rounds ..Am and Pro
food available at lunch.. grilled and sold by local Scouts

TD central is outside the "White House" 8 am

I'm there..........

I really would love to go up to Staunton this weekend. Unfortunately I am nursing a hand injury that is keeping me from playing right now....

Maymont Open on Sunday the 9th. Check out River City Disc golf Club(VA) on facebook for more info.

Thanks to everybody that put on the BRAWL in Staunton this past Saturday. I had a great time, on to Big Branch.....

Week 2 of the BRAWL Series is Saturday at Big Branch in Bedford. From what I have heard, I don't have the arm for the course but I am still looking forward to it. If I don't know who you arand you see me there give me a shout, I carry a purple Voodoo Mojo full of mostly Lat plastic and a zone or two..................jerry

I'll look you up at Falling Creek or Sontag if you go there. too much family stuff going on this weekend for me to make the trip. I played Timber Ridge last yrs Brawl, but haven't played the back side yet.

Latest posts