• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VW dealer

whridlsoncestood

Bogey Member
I'm an avid VW lover and I frequent the dealer often for parts. Was sifting through a catolog the other day and saw a item labeled as frisbee golf disc. It just said for hyzers/anhyzers and rollers when worn in. Price of 20 dollars. Didn't know what it was but I had to have it. Dealer could not get it and is was out of production and not in clearance/backstock. I sourced a dealer in Cali that still had one in stock. Got it in the mail yesterday. I was so pleased when I flipped it over and saw this sticker

Disc046.jpg

Disc049.jpg

Tossin' in Memphis said:
Clutch cables snap on rocs too?

Clutch cables, clutch pressure plates, master cylinders, ignition coils, tie-rod ends, CV joints, CV boots, control arms and bushings, transmission mounts, mass air flow sensors, diverter/bypass valves, N75 boost regulator valves, tail light bulbs, engine mounts.....tell me when you want me to stop.

Thing is I still love em, although I've graduated to the higher end of the German parts bin (Audi). I do miss my stage 3 1.8t though. Nothing like 350hp on pump gas on a 1.8L 4 cyl!

air cooled vw's are where it is at. My first car was an 86 GTI, next came a 64 split standard bus, then a 2001 vr6 jetta (electrical nightmare), then a 1960 rag Beetle that was in the weeds almost undrivabley low. The only one that I still have is the bus. Don't think I will ever get rid of that one. 8)
BTW, I will give you $25 for the roc. :lol:
I have a InnColor SoCal Aviar with the tail end of a split bus on it (the red one.) If anyone has the other one (I think it was blue? maybe) hit me up, I would love to have it.

JBinAZ said:
air cooled vw's are where it is at. My first car was an 86 GTI, next came a 64 split standard bus, then a 2001 vr6 jetta (electrical nightmare), then a 1960 rag Beetle that was in the weeds almost undrivabley low. The only one that I still have is the bus. Don't think I will ever get rid of that one. 8)
I have a InnColor SoCal Aviar with the tail end of a split bus on it (the red one.) If anyone has the other one (I think it was blue? maybe) hit me up, I would love to have it.

I saw a VW bus for sale that had like a pop up tent that was on top of it. Whats up with that? I've never seen one like that before.

Roy said:
JBinAZ said:

I saw a VW bus for sale that had like a pop up tent that was on top of it. Whats up with that? I've never seen one like that before.

They are pretty common variants of the Micro-bus referred to as the Westfalia. The name comes from the company VW used to convert the regular Micro's to the pop-top.

Man, do NOT get me started on VW clutches and hydraulics.

I had a 2000 turbo beetle and spend $18,412 fixing the damned thing... I'll never consider driving any VW past mk2, again. The quality just isn't there like it used to be.

On a side note, does the Roc rust around the windshield and drip down onto the fusebox? :D

hate to say it but if you actually buy one of those new beetles you kind of deserve what you get :wink:

RoomTenONine said:
Jesse B 707 said:
RoomTenONine said:
Jesse B 707 said:
hate to say it but if you actually buy one of those new beetles you kind of deserve what you get :wink:

Why?
they are both dumb looking and for girls :p .......and i wanted to give Bob some shit

So you're telling us you have 2 of them. Gotcha. :shock:

Zing!

One for Jesse and one for the man of the house :lol: