• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warlock : long putts?

_.-Dut-._

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I am just starting to work on developing my jump putt. From 40' I am having pretty good results but on the times I miss it fades out on me. Ive heard the Warlock is very simliar to the Wizard but less overstable. So it would appear to be a good choice for longer jump putts. Should I just stick with the Wizard and as it becomes more beat in it will get better and better for these longer putts? Or would having a long range putter be a good idea ?

Thanks for any advice.

Well...if you can wait a few more weeks, you should try a magic. I have been using one for jump putts and it stays straighter longer than the wizard or warlock. It has become my go to disc for jumpers and short approaches where I don't want any fade.

ive thrown all three gateway putters extensively and if you want a strait flying jump putter you might want to avoid all three. the warlock is only a little bit less LSS than the wiz and the magic is not a huge jump from a warlock (you will still have to throw with a bit of anny unless you really fire it hard) the magic is definitely the best of the three for this type of shot but certainly not the best on the market (magnet IMO)

They fly straight if you give them the right line. Anyway I don't think dead buts straight is the best way to jump putt.

the invisible tree said:
scoot_er said:
I don't think dead buts straight is the best way to jump putt.

What is?

I aim at the right side of the basket and let the putter die into the heart

Also straight works like Blake said with a degree of nosedown and/or anhyzer.

I only add the anny if IM jumpping over 60ft or more.Knowing that I need flight to get their. But further then that. I jump putt with a Wizard and have very good succuss with it. And I release it flat for a staright flight or with a little hyzer angle but not much.

I just got a Magic and it's a dead eye eddy 25ft and less. But I notice if using it for a upshot to me it lacks float which I thought that was the reason why Gateway made the Magic.

But my main goto is the Warlock SSS.

Havent we had the "you want your putter to fade" discussion in like 3 threads right now?

If your putter/putting style fades, your fly bys are not as bad. Its rare for me to have a put longer than 15' in if I am putting from inside 75'

i will go straight at stuff with a wizard and my putts usually don't fade on these by using a degree or two of nose down or a degree of anhyzer.

it's the wizard's desire to fade that helps it put on the brakes.

i'll run a 75' putt and land straight behind the basket within 15'.