• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] We all love BIRDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you share the location of tutorial? i would like to do this in gimp.
there's no tutorial, it's just stuff i do. i often work with large batches of images and exactly-repeated processing steps (my macros for Disc Nation product images have 100+ steps of automated processing). macros are your buddy.

vaguely, steps are as follows. and you might have to seek out some tutorials on specific items or recording/editing macros. also i've never used gimp so i don't know which of these features it includes.

- take photos with identical setup and placement with a white backdrop
- record a macro that does the following:
-- auto white balance
-- crop to approx disc area
-- re-save file
- run it on every disc photo and correct crop or color anomalies
- then run a batch process/script, in photoshop it's called "load files into stack"
- your stacked file will be every image on its own layer
- expand the canvas to a huge size and turn on "snap to grid"
- drag your layers to whatever arrangement you want
- build a Group with template elements for the text and pointers
- copy this template for all discs
- fill in disc info

i only did it this way because it's probably the fastest and most manageable way for me to deal with large sale groups. ymmv

who got the firebirds. i have been looking for these but can never find glow 11x ones. they were CFR but I just need to try them for a while.
i respect buyer confidentiality -- but if they wanna say "hey i got those glow FBs!" i have no problem with that.

i respect buyer confidentiality -- but if they wanna say "hey i got those glow FBs!" i have no problem with that.

yeah it was more just a shoot out to people that i would like some of them and you might have more in your bins.

thanks for the response.

even a sold/shipped layer might be nice too. no need to pm.

anyhow nice thread.

all the ones purchased Monday/Tuesday shipped out yesterday. later this evening i'll begin getting tracking numbers to everyone.

so far this 'Bird money has turned into AKG headphones, an MXR Dyna Comp, and a 16" djembe w/stand.

next, a 3TB external. next, big RAM. next, maybe a nice 88-key controller. many more frisbees to come and go. THANKS Y'ALL

i just sold my badass modded TS9 tubescreamer, wish i knew you were into that stuff!
YOURE KILLIN ME! :D

i'm way into that stuff :)
it gets hard to decide what to throw money at and what to be conservative with. i've resisted building a crazy analog/tube guitar rig. pod X3 & 2.0, fm4, big muff, dynacomp, and the old danelectro overdrive... that's it. couple few amps for fun and volume, but i rarely record thru them and aren't playing live these days. i got really pumped about an M13 pedal but in the end decided to use more software and get just the dynacomp. the sale at guitar center this weekend was pretty nice.

bumpin' the Birds.

the CE TL is SOLD, i just haven't updated the image :)

TL lovers should check this out.

ALSO i've got a handful of 1st Run Star TLs... mint, blood red. y'all know about those right? pm if interested... they'll be listed eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts