• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Weird Boss question

HiFi

Double Eagle Member
I recently purchased a DF Champion Boss that is extremely flat while not understable, I wouldn't necessarily describe it as overstable. It could accurately be described as stable. On the disc it has ratings of 13/5/0/3, while the Blizzard boss I have has ratings of 13/5/-1/3.

At the Innova site I see the DF with no ratings stamped on the disc and ratings the same as the Blizzard model. So I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the deal is with the Boss I purchased and why it has different ratings than the current models on the website that have no ratings stamped on them.

I know different runs and plastics fly differently, I purchased this one because it was flat and not domey, hoping that it would be less overstable and it is. I like the disc a lot, I'm more curious as to why the ratings and stamp are different on this one. Is it older? Newer? A fluke?

I hear a lot of people say, and I say it myself that a DF Boss flies different than a regular Champion Boss. For me the DF flies straighter for a longer time and then fades harder than the Champion. I have a Blizzard Boss too, but it and the others I have thrown seem to have a different charecteristic all together. Now that is just my oppinion. Champ Bosses for me normaly tend to fly in a gentle curve their whole flight after about 100 feet whereas the DF will go srtaight for much longer then hook a left.

what is DF? Sorry for the newb bump.

Nothing special about your Boss. On the disc selection chart you can see they modified the numbers on the Champ Boss and Katana to reflect the fact that they generally have less turn than the other varieties.

Last edited:
Alright TY for the responses. And yeah this one definitely flies differently. It almost flies like a Pro Destroyer but not as flippy, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Nothing special about your Boss. On the disc selection chart you can see they modified the numbers on the Champ Boss and Katana to reflect the fact that they generally have less turn than the other varieties.

He is correct. I've seen 3 different sets of flight numbers on Katanas. The Echo Star and Star are even different now. They are just reflecting the flights of the variations in plastic.

Yes it's definitely a flat top, that is the only reason I bought it tbh. I'll try to post some pics this weekend, but it basically has the same champion stamp only with the flight number grid on it.

My pre numbers df champ boss is very flat and was my favorite distance driver till it got to beat so I bought another champ boss only this one had numbers and a domey top deffently not the same flight