• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Western Pennsylvania DG Courses

Holy thread necromancy batman! Moved to the roadtrips forum that didn't exist when this was originally posted.

nice resurrection, just what i was looking for actually. I'm off work the 8th, and if the weather sucks here in NE Ohio, I'm thinking about heading to the Pittsburgh area for a day trip. (provided the weather there is decent)

I'm looking at Moraine, Knob Hill, and Deer Lakes and wondering which two would be the best to hit in one day, or maybe it would even be better to just hit one and make a day of it. I'm not looking for the most challenging course of the 3, but the more fun of the 3. I like wooded courses, but not pull your hair out tight.

Our group would be 850-900ish range players. so the different tee options at all 3 are appealing.

If you suggest two of them, is there somewhere on the drive between that you would suggest grabbing some food?

Thanks

My only suggestion would be to avoid Knob Hill for now. I am not positive but I think three holes have been pulled for contruction reasons. Also it is quite possibly the wettest course in history from March to May.

I would play Moraine, then drive right down I-76 and play Deer Lakes. There are alot of food options at the harmarville exit. Both courses are in pretty good condition. At Moraine make sure to play the blue tees since there is not much of a difference between Blue and White. At Deer Lakes I would stick to the Whites for your group, they are plenty tough. The pin on #15 at Deer lakes is in its toughest position (to the left along the bank of the lake) and I know alot of the locals just tee off from the red to make sure they don't lose any discs.

Hope you have a good day of golfing!