• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Destiny

Interesting. I consider the Bolt to be the disc for people who aren't quite ready for the stability of a Destiny. A spike hyzer bolt with height rolls over uncontrollably for me, whereas a Destiny slowly makes its way over to a roller.

I agree that the Bolt is definitely flippier than the Destiny.

Having thrown both, I just found the Destiny very angle sensitive where the Bolt (even though it's more understable) to be less sensitive to angles and thus easier to get good results consistently.

For full disclosure, I lack big distance but have a generally clean form and I do play at over 5,000 feet of elevation where everything flies a little more stable than you might think.

I brought my ol' Destiny out to the field today and threw it a bit. Not as flippy as I expected--not that flippy at all actually. But there was a slight tail (if anything--leaves were mainly still), and I'm also in Denver. I imagine if it was a distinct headwind I'd have a different report.

The angle sensitivity is a real thing! If I needed a distinct spot for massively left-to-right, high, sweeping anny RHBH out to 400+, I'd bag it.

It was like watching the sun arc across the southern sky it traversed so much horizon. It was a distinct wingfoil type thing. I put other discs on similar nose/bank trajectories in the same (less than 5mph) wind, but not the same horizontal ground play.

I agree that the Bolt is definitely flippier than the Destiny.

Having thrown both, I just found the Destiny very angle sensitive where the Bolt (even though it's more understable) to be less sensitive to angles and thus easier to get good results consistently.

For full disclosure, I lack big distance but have a generally clean form and I do play at over 5,000 feet of elevation where everything flies a little more stable than you might think.

The last couple Bolts I've thrown were Frost line, so maybe they were a little beefier. Don't get me wrong, the Bolt is still plenty flippy. I can make them turn and burn with little effort.

Throwing discs like the Destiny and Bolt are an exercise in patience, and why I don't bag anything that flippy. They're just fun to throw bombs with in the field.

Ad this mold to my list of discs I will no longer order without knowing the shape. I have owned at least half a dozen of these things over the years and while showing promise and having some wow drives, I could never keep one in the bag long. They were all mostly flat. Ended up with a new one that has almost Shryke-like dome. Wow! Fairly stable, but still has good turn at 380ish. This one even had some come back into a slight breeze.

Ad this mold to my list of discs I will no longer order without knowing the shape.

I can save you some suspense and tell you that the shape of most of the discs you will receive is round. Should you have some show up and they are triangular or square or rectangular I would be surprised.

I can save you some suspense and tell you that the shape of most of the discs you will receive is round. Should you have some show up and they are triangular or square or rectangular I would be surprised.

dodgeball-downvote.gif

Ad this mold to my list of discs I will no longer order without knowing the shape. I have owned at least half a dozen of these things over the years and while showing promise and having some wow drives, I could never keep one in the bag long. They were all mostly flat. Ended up with a new one that has almost Shryke-like dome. Wow! Fairly stable, but still has good turn at 380ish. This one even had some come back into a slight breeze.

Any understable, bomber-type driver should be domey. Flat discs just don't glide very well, and they tend to fade harder. That's the main problem I have with the Knight. Disc is very fast and flippy, but it doesn't have good glide, and it fades hard.

I've thrown a few flat Terns and Shrykes, and they weren't any good either.

I find flat + understable to work really well for certain things, just not max backhand distance.

Flat understable high-speed drivers are how I put legs on my crappy forehands.

I also find flat + understable drivers to work well on the rare occasion I need something really fast/far that shapes like a control driver. Flat Shrykes work great for me.