• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wet hands....What to do?

I use a wrist band, one of the long tennis ones, for trying to keep arm sweat from dripping down into my hand, and then, amazingling, the shamwow type towels do dry off hands in a hurry. I have one for cleaning off discs and it works well for my hands, too. If I have water, I'll also just rinse them and let them dry. That's good for a few holes, too.

As for dry hands, typically, I've only had them in colder weather, so I just breathe on my hands or on the disc where I'm putting my fingers and that's enough to give me some grip for the throw.

i bought a climbers chalk bag with my REI dividend this year and it works great. 5$ for a new chalk sock and it lasts a full season if not more. Then i can just clip it on my bag and its right there so i dont have to go digging through my bag to find it.

Ode said:
i bought a climbers chalk bag with my REI dividend this year and it works great. 5$ for a new chalk sock and it lasts a full season if not more. Then i can just clip it on my bag and its right there so i dont have to go digging through my bag to find it.
I bought a chalk bag as well not that long ago. But instead of chalk I keep my Birdie bag there for easy access. I often notice my sweaty hands only as I'm ready to throw. And as I don't want to slow down the play I've just gone ahead with the throw despite knowing it won't be a good one. Now I can grab my Birdie bag in an instance and make the throw I need.

Ode said:

This is what I've been using for a few years now and it is a great economical solution. The chalk sock is just a birdie bag and one usually lasts me a year.

The humidity season is almost over but its still frustrating. Any products people would advise to stay away from? this is a great thread.

I actually wash my hands, and it eliminates the sweat problem for a few holes at a time. i take my bottled water and use a small amount to wash off the sweat and then a towel (not a shammie) to dry. then do the classic nikko disc fan of the hands and you're set. i don't do it in casual rounds because the groups move faster, but in tournaments, everyone is moving slow and taking tons of time, so i usually have time to do it. i wash while walking and grab a towel from the side of my bag... then when i stop again i fan my hands dry. works great and its quite cheap :p

We've gotten a lot of good feedback on and sold a lot of:

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/tite-grip-lotion-p-9.html

char@gottagogottathrow said:
We've gotten a lot of good feedback on and sold a lot of:

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/tite-grip-lotion-p-9.html

How large is the tube and how long does one application last? Does it contain grease to replace lost grease from the skin when wet and cold? I wouldn't wonder if the concoction made by an MD David Wiggins senior had those.

Before I start my round, I use a layer of roll-on, scentless, liquid antipersperant. Let it sit for a minute, then wipe it off on the grass. Squeeze a birdie bag once and I'm good for the rest of the day.