• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What am I doing wrong

SethL

My dad carries a beat in but usable DX TeeBird. I have heard that the TB is a disc that will let you know when you are throwing wrong. I throw 250' max. When I throw the TeeBird, it starts off on a nice straight flight and then fades right. Being slightly overstable, I should not be able to flip a TB. I must be throwing wrong. Any ideas?

DX Teebirds can definitely turn, they are not necessarily the straight to fade discs that they are when fresh or compared to the other plastics. They should have a bit of stability at the end though if you give them enough height. At 250' unless it is chunked up I would say you are correct and it is you, not the disc doing all of this. I use a DX Teebird as a turnover fairway driver, but with enough hyzer and height it will fade back to a "straight" point after an S flight for me.

You are likely swinging high to low (pulling down on the disc in the follow through) or have a slight angle to your wrist. I would check your grip first: https://www.discgolfreview.com/resources/articles/gripittoripit.shtml

Then try to throw the Teebird and putters/midranges on very slight hyzer releases. Give them 5-10 degrees of hyzer and try to have them either hold that angle for their whole flight, or just pop up to straight. If that works then slightly adjust your angle flatter and flatter.

Latest posts