• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are the flight characteristics on the 2012 ace race disc?

@Wasik

What are the flight characteristics on the 2012 ace race disc?

also, what is the best way to ship 2 discs (least expensive)?

The flight characteristics you ask? Great glide, stable, but I feel it difficult to control. It flips sometimes and other times it flips. Not my favorite, I'd rather throw my River.

I actually hated how inconsistent it was. Sometimes it will flip straight over and not fade back or it will take the hyzer and just glide. Side arm actually had the best consistency. I had no metal hits or aces. It actually beat in rather quickly too.

6/5.5/-2/1

In the other thread, I described it as 6/5/-1/1.5.

Katana's numbers describe it with the Panther's numbers. I think it's like a Panther that's a touch more overstable, and has a touch more HSS.

What do you all think?

I actually hated how inconsistent it was. Sometimes it will flip straight over and not fade back or it will take the hyzer and just glide. Side arm actually had the best consistency. I had no metal hits or aces. It actually beat in rather quickly too.

i have different results. mine are very sensative to release and nose angle but fly just like i tell them to. I have had one in my bag since 8/11/12 and have not noticed any suggnificant wear at all. 6/5/-1/2 is where i would put the three i have. I would like to get a lighter one as all of mine are 172 if anyone wants to dump some.

Just got back from the local Ace Race. This disc is not the best choice for holes plus or minus 200'. However, it does appear to have potential to get some good distance. Disc has a lot of glide. I would classify it as a fairway driver. I think all of the inconsistencies that everyone was having is from trying to power this disc down for shorter Ace Race holes. You don't get a disc up to speed, especially one with this much glide, it'll get squirrely on you. I wish I could re-do the Ace Race course with my Rhyno.

I'd agree with ya matt o. Mine seem to want to have a good bit of glide and are pretty controllable in a field, but I didn't get any metal on any of the holes at our last one. Most holes were 200ish, with a few closer to 300. For the short stuff it's not the best choice, as I don't think it powers down well. Longer runs are where it's at, but it takes a good amount of luck to bang the chains from that far out. Just gotta give it a chance, I guess. Backhand seems to be very straight, with just a touch of mellow fade. Like a more like a shorter river than a longer buzz, imo. Flicks don't flip so much as just turn, turn, turn all the way to the ground when released w/ hyzer, which can be useful. I like it, but it's not as consistent as a buzz or as long as a stalker, and even those can overlap. I wanna like it, but it's such a tweener disc, that it'll be hard for it to find a place in the bag. I'd love to play that course again with a buzz.

In the other thread, I described it as 6/5/-1/1.5.

Katana's numbers describe it with the Panther's numbers. I think it's like a Panther that's a touch more overstable, and has a touch more HSS.

What do you all think?

Agreed. It flies very close to a warship

No one mentioned it was like a warship....what are you agreeing with? Nose sensitivity?
I dont think its like a panther at all, I throw the panther often.
Faster and farther than either a warship or panther.

So it's like a slightly less HSS Gremlin? Anyone know where I could find a profile shot of it?

I would describe mine as, flippy and nose angle sensitive. I wanted to like it and hoped it would fill some gap between buzzz and stalker but it did not. I've had best results with it from a standstill and think it flys similar to an Impact if they made one in Z plastic. Just less glide.

Speed of 6 with a driver rim?! Sounds amazing if they just notched up the HSS a tad, maybe ill go for the heavier ones.

I'll trade you one if you like. I have one at 177+ and one at 175 - 176. PM if you're interested.